Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Cthulhu: The Harbinger

I'll just have to live with not being a Cthulhu Wars completionist, I guess.  It's okay but not $60USD (including shipping) okay. 

The details seem shallow to me.  I am still waiting for my CW3 pledge in order to see the quality of their miniatures at present.

They would get more money from me if they weren't always double-dipping their own miniatures, re-purposing them for other games, and otherwise making me feel like I am potentially paying for something twice.  I lose confidence as a result.

Asking PA backers to shell out another 25 bucks for the cards being included here also seems excessive. 

• Like 2

It's kind of the silliest thing I've ever seen.  Well, almost - the 'Death May Die' Cthulhu is more silly, given that it would be as large as that kid.

But it's nice to see that I don't have to buy everything Lovecraftian on kickstarter. :)

(Well, I already wasn't buying into Cthulhu Wars, but it's good to get reinforcement.)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

They would get more money from me if they weren't always double-dipping their own miniatures, re-purposing them for other games, and otherwise making me feel like I am potentially paying for something twice.  I lose confidence as a result.

I really like that they re-purpose minis: I got a great deal with the first Kickstarter, and I'm glad PF and 5e players got a similar chance to obtain the same cool minis.

3 hours ago, John Fiala said:

the 'Death May Die' Cthulhu is more silly, given that it would be as large as that kid.

Well: if I'm going represent actual Cthulhu as a mini, it should probably be at least toddler sized. Anything smaller is suitable only as an avatar or spawn ("Gogobeg or go home"). Before the 'Death May Die' Cthulhu came along, I had been eyeing the Horrorclix Cthulhu (and thinking it was still too small).

• Like 3

Maybe the answer for proper scale is for the GM to stand on the table while wearing a Cthulhu mask...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1