On 3/7/2019 at 12:31 PM, Rignes said:

If Reaper was the only paint company in the world and you had no choice but to use it, what would you use from the Reaper product line to get the best blood effects you could?

I know I'm really late to this thread but I think the Blood Red (09003) works great for fresh blood whereas the Bloodstained Red (09133) works well for old/dried blood. This is a recent project where I used Blood Red for a bloodsplatter effect.20190222_015606.thumb.jpg.b914df9dfd6e541515da4d5738d72c13.jpg

• Like 4

I just use a bit of mod podge dimensional magic mixed in with my paint/ink for blood effects, plus u also get the added bonus of using it for slimes, puddles, water, by mixing with other various colors.

• Like 1

I just picked up some Blood for the Blood God at my LGS.  I saw a cool video where he used a combination of Vallejo black ink and Blood for the Blood God to get a really gory look that I liked but they didn't have any inks at the LGS.

I tried it out quickly on my Orc Marauder.  I never painted blood before so I just followed the advice I saw on a Games Workshop video specifically demoing this paint.

I need to get a rough stippling brush and some black ink.  I really like the look this guy achieved and it doesn't look difficult either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=802VQ92e7JM

signal-2019-03-13-220142.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/7/2019 at 9:31 AM, Rignes said:

Clearly, there are more popular offerings for blood effects than what Reaper has in their product line.   

Here is a thought experiment though:

If Reaper was the only paint company in the world and you had no choice but to use it, what would you use from the Reaper product line to get the best blood effects you could?

Regardless of the answers, I'll probably just grab some Blood for the Blood God at my LGS.

In looking at my paint poster I like the Blood Colors Triad (09701), Bloodthirsty Reds Triad (09745), and Gory Reds Triad (09793). In the Darksword(?) dvd's with Anne she mentions that they are based on actual blood samples in different stages. Fresh blood does dry matte but add a little gloss varnish over it afterward will do the trick nicely.

• Like 1