A special anniversary for me

Kangaroorex

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone!  Its been a bit of a rough year, for everyone else too but none the less, still pretty rough.  had a major change of management at work and a major shift in just about every one of my social circles.  I don't think its something to do with me, but when it seems to happen all around you, you gotta wonder.  I will continue to muddle through as always but change is never much fun during the beginning of the change. 

As for work, I have begun to think that maybe a change of companies is in order; much as i don't like that kind of upheaval, I am not sure i am cut our for my current job AND the new management structure.  We shall see.

As always, thanks for letting me ramble.

• Like 10

got my results of my latest scan back yesterday.  The new growth on the tumor is beginning to recede so now I get to start the long process of nibbling away at the edges of the tumor.  If history has anything to say in about a year I should remove about 80% of the new growth and go back to being stable.  Yea!  Feeling somewhat more relaxed today by the news.

on another note, we have moved to the next control phase of some old wounds.  Silver nitrate in a raw wound is not recommended for fun!

Apparently, you're all stuck with me for a while yet! ::D:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

got my results of my latest scan back yesterday.  The new growth on the tumor is beginning to recede so now I get to start the long process of nibbling away at the edges of the tumor.  If history has anything to say in about a year I should remove about 80% of the new growth and go back to being stable.  Yea!  Feeling somewhat more relaxed today by the news.

on another note, we have moved to the next control phase of some old wounds.  Silver nitrate in a raw wound is not recommended for fun!

Huzzah for surviving! May you continue to thwart your tumor nemesis! **cheers** **clinks glass**

• Like 8

At this point I am beginning to understand the saying that you can get used to anything.  Only in this case I get reminded every time I let my vigilance slip.  Its like being a guard on a never ending night shift except whenever you start to fall asleep some joker in black pajamas jumps out and smacks you upside the head before disappearing into the darkness again.

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Well, shoot. There goes our plans to divide up your mountain of unpainted treasures.

And here’s the hope that those plans continue to fail.

That's my metal mountain.  I am thinking of having it melted down and used to cast a replica of me and then get someone to paint it...

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

On 7/26/2019 at 12:23 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Just found this (haven't been around the forums much lately)...wow....you are a trooper!

Keep on keepin' on.

Me too. Don't know how I missed this thread. Good luck to you, Kangaroorex. It's good to be in a community with you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2019 at 4:31 PM, Kangaroorex said:

So happy to hear that!

image.png.5f6cec40f6944274a3e8db688758b5d3.png

• Like 6

On 7/30/2019 at 3:31 PM, Kangaroorex said:

Fantastic news! 

Really glad that you're doing better. Maybe you should go buy yourself a dragon or something to celebrate......:ph34r: 

• Like 3

I just got back from the doctors office and we have the result that was inevitable: The Sutent has stopped working and its time to move on to the next drug.  I got a pretty good run out of the Sutent (usual time is 12 to 18 months and I got 4 years) So we shall see what the next drug brings me.  The annoying part is new side effects to figure out and a new drug company to work with.

Joy and fun.  on the good side there still is no sign of further spread and, although the tumor has grown, it is still not some honking monster sucking the life out of me (any more than usual at any rate :poke:)  and has only doubled in 4 years.  So other than a reminder of my mortality it remains more of an aggravation than an immediate threat to my life.

thanks everyone for your cares and concerns.

• Like 12
  • Sad 3

27 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I just got back from the doctors office and we have the result that was inevitable: The Sutent has stopped working and its time to move on to the next drug.  I got a pretty good run out of the Sutent (usual time is 12 to 18 months and I got 4 years) So we shall see what the next drug brings me.  The annoying part is new side effects to figure out and a new drug company to work with.

Joy and fun.  on the good side there still is no sign of further spread and, although the tumor has grown, it is still not some honking monster sucking the life out of me (any more than usual at any rate :poke:)  and has only doubled in 4 years.  So other than a reminder of my mortality it remains more of an aggravation than an immediate threat to my life.

thanks everyone for your cares and concerns.

I hope the new drug will help and that the side effects will be minor or non existent.

Good to hear there is no spreading that's kinda hopeful.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1