A special anniversary for me

Kangaroorex

16 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Thanks everyone! I am thrilled with the results.  I can hope to see some continued reduction but I will be happy as long as the drug remains useful for a while.  I really hate it when I am between drugs and you never know what the next step is going to be.  With some luck I will be on this drug for a year or 2 before I have to look for something else.

Sounds good.

And who knows what they will have developed by then?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that are interested:

I just got my latest CT results and the results were positive.  My tumor is stable after an initial reduction of 30% last quarter, so the medication continues to work and there is no sign of progression (spreading to other areas)

At least one mystery has been solved:  for the last few months I have been getting little blisters on my hands and forearms.  I thought that I was just burning my self with oil, I am not usually the most cautious person when cooking and spatter is not that strange but lately I have been taking great care not to get burned and yet I was still developing these 'burns'.  I recently got one on my leg that was just not a possible location and went to the doctor.  Of course his response:  'that's a normal reaction to long term exposure to targeted therapy drugs.  We don't normally mention it because most people don't make it far enough to worry about it'  and he gave me a cream that I am sure someone thinks smells good <_<

So, pretty great news over all!  Happy to be still around and that the tumor isn't growing.  The side effects of the drug I am on are actually less than any of the previous drugs and I am a bit more active as a result.  On the negative side, I still heal really slowly and I have a couple of wounds that just won't heal which is really annoying :wacko:

Hope everyone else is doing well and having a good week!

• Like 22

2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

all modern medicine aside, i really wish they would develop a micro camera attached to a tube you could use to drain the air out of a pressurized sinus.   OUCH

I’ve offered to use a smallish drill bit and expand my wife’s sinuses for her. I extend the offer to you. I promise I sanitize all my equipment in the finest of drinking alcohols.

Or whatever is on hand. What evs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

all modern medicine aside, i really wish they would develop a micro camera attached to a tube you could use to drain the air out of a pressurized sinus.   OUCH

Sinus Endoscope cameras are 4mm in diameter. I kind of want one... 

EDIT: 

And otoscopes(for ears) come in 2.7mm diameter... 

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I’ve offered to use a smallish drill bit and expand my wife’s sinuses for her. I extend the offer to you. I promise I sanitize all my equipment in the finest of drinking alcohols.

Or whatever is on hand. What evs.

I appreciat the offer and there have been times I was tempted.  Fortunately my better half is a trained massage therapist and has a series of pressure points  that can open up the sinuses

They take a little time but they work and open up the sinus channels... I'm feeling  better now, not great but better.

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

Sinus Endoscope cameras are 4mm in diameter. I kind of want one... 

EDIT: 

And otoscopes(for ears) come in 2.7mm diameter... 

I'm not sure they are flexible enough.  The last time I has a nasal snoop done the unit was a rigid pole with nothing on the end but light and lens.  I need little manipulator arms to hold the vent holes  open!

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I appreciat the offer and there have been times I was tempted.  Fortunately my better half is a trained massage therapist and has a series of pressure points  that can open up the sinuses

They take a little time but they work and open up the sinus channels... I'm feeling  better now, not great but better.

I'm not sure they are flexible enough.  The last time I has a nasal snoop done the unit was a rigid pole with nothing on the end but light and lens.  I need little manipulator arms to hold the vent holes  open!

Yeah, the otoscope is rigid too. One of my friends has the one you can plug into your iPhone. Pretty cool, but you may not want to see what you see. ::D:

• Like 6

Thanks Everyone!  Your support and prayers do a lot to keep me going!

what we really need is a fantastic voyage type robot (a little larger, perhaps) with a vacuum and a power washer for general crud removal and pry bars to open up blocked passages, life would be a lot more comfortable.  even better if it could be controlled to selectively kill specific problem cells (EPROM white cell, now there's a concept!)

• Like 7