Ral Partha Julie Guthrie Centaurs

72moonglum

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Redd Knekk said:

Great job Moonglum! The blending and shading around the torso looks really great. Awesome skin tones, seriously. Your eyes on this are marvelous.

Thanks so much Mr. Knekk! I always think if you can get the eyes okay, everything else will more or less fall in to place. 

When I used to painted as a teenager  I used to wait to do the eyes last which upon hindsight is a horrible thing to do. Now it’s always the second thing on my minis right after the skin (which I always do first) and before hair. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Iridil said:

Wonderful painting of these classics - both the horse and human tones are spot on and so smoothly blended. I got this pair back and the day and have always liked them - you're making me think of repainting....

Thank you Iridil!  I'd say pull them out, strip them down and repaint them if you have them!  They are really nice figures, and relatively simple to paint, it's all horse and person, no weapons, clothing, bags, backpacks, potions, et cetera!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warlady said:

Nice job with the coloring of both horse and human!

What I liked with these was the fact that they were very natural colors, browns and tans and earth tones.

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

They didn’t sell? I had those two! I’d love for them to be reissued.

I can’t really confirm that these models in particular never sold, but I was told that if they didn’t sell 200 pieces, they would be taken out of circulation.  There have been a number of Partha models that happened to over the years, I’m guessing that the female hill giant was also one of those, which once again is a true pity because the figure itself was so beautiful (beautiful in a lady hill giant sort of way).

• Like 1