Elven Miniatures for RPGs

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/568025447/elven-miniatures-for-rpg-gamers-and-collectors?ref=user_menu

About

The Project

Hello guys, firstly thanks for checking out my project, I really do appreciate your time!

I am funding today for the 3D printing, master molding and production molding of the Thaumaturge bust along with production molds for the 35mm and 75mm scale miniatures. 

The prints and resin masters for the 35mm and 75mm have already been funded through my savings, below is an example of the resin casts and an example paint job by yours truly, note, I do not concider myself a great painter by any means but I cannot afford to pay a professional currently! I do hope though it gives an idea of what the finished miniature could look like.

*All miniatures will be supplied unpainted and require minor assembly.

These 3 miniatures are the first step in turning my vision into a reality and will help support the development of further miniatures and ultimately bring a new game to the tabletop. 

As an individual this is going to be a struggle - I have no foothold in the industry, I do not have the backing of a large established company or access to mainstream financial lending.

I am undertaking as much of the process as I can up to the point of the physical 3D printing and resin production process which will be handled by a well known and highly respected bunch of chaps here in the UK.

Thank you again for taking your time to check out my project, please feel free to ask me any questions either through Kickstarter or via instagram; @thronedowngames :)

One figure. She is available in 35mm, 75mm and as a bust. They 35mm and 75mm look to be different poses.

The Pledges

Level 1: 35mm plus 25% lifetime brand discount* - £9.00 

Level 2: 75mm OR Bust plus 25% lifetime brand discount*  - £24.00

Level 3: 35mm + 75mm OR Bust plus 25% lifetime brand discount*  - £31.00

Level 4: 35mm + 75mm AND Bust plus 25% lifetime brand discount*  - £48.00

untitled.png

untitled2.png

untitled3.png

Reading through, the minis are being produced for him by Zealot miniatures.

untitled4.png

untitled5.png

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Elves come in many varieties. Are we going to get annoyed that the Keebler elves are pretty much gnomes next? 

Man when I saw the title of this KS, I was ready for some great D&D elf minis not Sailor Stripper.      

Thanks mate, I had a look at Oathsworns line (not seen them before!) they are pretty cool shoes! I think what's difficult when creating something is how it appears in my minds eye versus how it app

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Auberon said:

If my ankle was bent like that I would probably do more than cringe. 

Good point. I'd probably yell something inappropriate about motherforkers and elfholes and bullshirts. 

Both the figures have mangled ankles. Quite disturbing. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Good point. I'd probably yell something inappropriate about motherforkers and elfholes and bullshirts. 

Both the figures have mangled ankles. Quite disturbing. 

Oh my.... Yeah, I can't unsee those ankles now.  Wow, those are... She'll want a healer asap, that's going to stiiiiiiiing... 

Also looks like leg is fractured, since it's bent above the ankle o_o

• Like 2

According to his latest update he's fixed the ankle on the 75mm model now(updated pic in the post)    

It still comes through as 'pointy-eared bimbo in very high-heeled shoes'  

Nothing that makes the mini stand out, really.    

I think a lot of the backers are pledging for the promised 'lifetime discount' in his future webshop. 

(Not certain what Kickstarter thinks about such intangible rewards)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello guys I have just seen this has been posted on my behalf and I feel I need to have some input here regarding comments;

Regarding her ankles; this has been fixed on the 75mm scale model in my KS update #5 and was a result of my poor posing, at the end of the day I'm human and miss judge things sometimes, being bound to a computer screen for countless hours can blind you to areas when working and ideally should have been picked up earlier, however I have recognised the problem and fixed this. The 35mm miniature sits at the correct angle for the ruins on her resin base, that first image is a render on a default platform. Going forward these are all valuable things I will learn from and bring with future products.

Regarding her comming through as a  being a "pointy-eared bimbo in very high-heeled shoes" that's an end user perception that I cannot control, however I will note that she is in fact a highly intelligent spellcaster capable of commanding magic well beyond the average mortal, heels or otherwise.

Regarding; "(Not certain what Kickstarter thinks about such intangible rewards)" Project has been green lighted by KS so any problems would have been flagged, the reward is a little extra thanks in addition to the minis for backers helping me get my business really going, they get a physical item and an extra cheers from me.

Regarding " Man when I saw the title of this KS, I was ready for some great D&D elf minis not Sailor Stripper," I respect that she won't be everyone's cup of tea as we all have our own perspective on art, one mans mage is hooded top to toe in heavy cloth, another mans mage is free to wear what he/she wants.

Thanks for the comments, all the best guys.

• Like 6

She's wearing a mini dress and high heels - not recommended adventuring wear.

If she was 'highly intelligent' she would ditch the heels and put on some sensible shoes.

The Auld Grump - not the most stripperiffic minis that I have seen, but.... *EDIT* For some reason she reminds me of Reaper's Naughty French Maid miniature. Which, oddly enough, was used as a player character in a game that I was also a player in - set in Canada.... :unsure:

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

She's wearing a mini dress and high heels - not recommended adventuring wear.

If she was 'highly intelligent' she would ditch the heels and put on some sensible shoes.

The Auld Grump - not the most stripperiffic minis that I have seen, but.... *EDIT* For some reason she reminds me of Reaper's Naughty French Maid miniature. Which, oddly enough, was used as a player character in a game that I was also a player in - set in Canada.... :unsure:

All of her gear is magical.

* Mini dress, sure impractical normally, but, When it provides resistance to cold and heat 10... then its not a bad choice. Since it also counts as bracers of armor 5... it becomes FIRST CHOICE!!!!

* high Heals... yeah uncomfortable, not the best choice in footwear... Unless they count as slippers of Battle dancing and boots of speed rolled in to one!

All of the above should be purple, but I don't know how to do that. :poke:

So... Regarding "stripperific" and what not. Ok, skimpy fantasy clothes, sure. But Its not as bad as some... like Kingdom Death, where the outfit is basically just underwear. I mean I get it, but she is fully clothed.

This is a first time project by a first time creator. I am willing to support, if only to see where he goes from here. And despite the ankle (a magical curse that she must overcome!!!) I think the mini looks pretty good.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Actually, what they're wearing in KD can't be considered underwear since it doen't look all rthat comfortable, and hardly provides the support expected by underwear.   

The elf isn't a bad sculpt.

(There's plenty of worse sculpts out there that still sell. )

It's actually a pretty nice sulpt. It's just that her clothing doesn't make sense in most settings. 

Sure, the clothing may be magicked up to ridiculously high levels, but it's a costume designed to be striking. Probably not what you want if the opposing foces happens to have archers or other long-range fighters.   

Also, it would really suck if someone or something cast 'nullify magic' or something...   

(Not a player, so don't really know what exists of spells) 

And in a palace setting you really want 'impressive'. You want everyone to understand that you're important and powerful, without having to throw fireballs all the time. (royal courts are really battlefields, not a place where nobility comes to be nice)

Cloaks add a touch of mystery, and also allows the wearer to secrete a couple of favorite potions or spell components, you know, just in case...   

And they can be waterproofed, which is kind of handy if you head out on some errand and forgot to scry the weather forecast...

And if you happened to be running away from a mob, and didn't have time to pick up your usual kit, it can also function as a blanket on a cold night.    

They add anonmity when ou want it, too. 

Of course, she may be a survival expert, the staff is hollow and contains arrowheads, a knife, flint, some dry tinder(or even charcloth), fishing hooks and needles...   

I'm not saying you should mimic Oathsworn's 'Heroines in Sensible Shoes' series of minis(but do look them up. The Half-Orc Barbarian is awesome), but... 

Anyway, while this mini isn't my cup of tea, odds are that I'll back you in the future.  

To colour text purple, look at the row of buttons. There's an underlined 'A' at the righthand end. Mark the text you want to turn purple, click the button, you get a list of colours, and you click on the one most suitable.    

(Purple text is indicating a joke of some sort. That, Goblin math and other mysteries are all explained in the welcome thread in the off-topic section)    

• Like 4

Thank you for fixing up the ankles! Truly, that's my only real complaint. 

I don't really mind that she's reminiscent of Sailor Moon, or that she's scantily clad. I do like painting skin, and I think she'd be fun to paint. I can think of a few reasons for silly garb on a fantasy spellcaster (my D&D world has bardic performances, and the mini representing the bard princess has Klockenbooty). Not what I'd wear into battle, but she fits "Magical Girl" style perfectly.  It isn't for everyone, and that's okay. I actually kinda see this as like Kingdom Death anime-ish, without the gore, and with realistic size breasts. I could see this outfit at any ComicCon (okay, not *any* because Denver is a buncha idiots that banned exposed middrifts). 

I do think that the title is a bit misleading, because of the general audience who goes for "Minis for RPGs". That's a generic phrase, and you're going to attract people who think that means practical-clothed elves, probably Lord of the Rings style. In the future, I'd recommend tailoring your title better, so that you attract people who are interested in this style more. If you had "Magical Girl Elf Miniatures for RPGs" then you'd hone in on your target audience. 

If the ankles are fixed, I'll consider backing. Not that I *need* more minis, but I do like magical girl stuff to some extent. Not exactly magical girl, but she reminds me a little of this character: 

Image result for konosuba aqua with staff

The skirt and the staff are what do it. Yes, she's absurd. But fun-absurd. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1