07011: Borin Ironbrow

HolkDiggity

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By solomon_kane
      Or, as I like to call him, Smaul Hollywood. 

• By R2ED
      Last day for October, but still got one in. 

Battle Report!

I realize this is not a halloween type mini, but the thought was there.  I was testing a few things here, but can't believe what came out.  I should have been taking photos as i went to articulate this point better, but I'll do my best to explain. 
      Mistake #1.  I thought i grabbed my bottle of black Stynlrez primer, but it turned out to be my black wash.  It ended up making a cool effect on the model with highlights being untouched.  Since this is a bones USA model, the material takes to paint and primers really well.  Mistake turned into a win, but note the paint didn't grab the wash as well.
      Mistake #2. Tried to do a contrast paint effect.  Didn't work.  The contrasted area turned into a great template for me to work with in laying my next colors down, so not all a loss.  The model looked muddy and i nearly just put it down. 
      Mistake #3.  I had to keep in mind, it never looks good at the layering point.  KEEP GOING. Putting more color down, adding depth, and touching up with highlights makes a big difference. 
      Now i felt like i was making progress and could see hope.  I did the hair, and that made me feel way better.  The brightness in the hair made me feel like i had some "pop" to it.  Now we're getting somewhere. 
      Overall, i added more layers, edge highlighted, black lined, and shaded in areas.  He came out looking decent.  Last model for October and I'm happy with him.

• By Citrine
      I am planning on running a Savage Worlds Tyrnador campaign.  The campaign steals heavily from the new Pathfinder Savage World ruleset. 

My son created a hallfing commander and he chose the halfling with the torch from the Dungeon Dwellers set as his character.  I modified the mini by adding a banner (after watching several tutorial videos).  He selected a green 4-leaf clover on an orange background for the banner.  Was a fun little project with some neat freehand.

His friend created a dwarf ranger/smith as his character and choose the Stonehaven Mechanist (SKU 2795) to represent him:

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you denizens of Reapershire!

So been working a little bit more on some Bones V goodness, and today I finished the Female Halfling from the Dungeon Dwellers set:

As always, couldn't choose colors, but once I got the colors figured out, it was pretty smooth sailing from there.  I have a little bit of flash issues, it seems that plastic flash works a bit differently than metal. I am seemingly merciless with metal flash, but too cautious with the Bones material, but I don't know if that can be noticed or not here.  In any case, enjoy and have a very nice weekend!
    • By Iridil
      And a third NPC - his day job is boatswain, so I wanted the armor to not be full plate.... he's currently helping the party do a fetch quest for the captain. I'm pretty satisfied with what I got out for what I put in - but I do notice I seem to have forgotten his eyebrows!