Sign in to follow this  
DJDrZ

HD Paint Replacments

I have the entire HD paint line and I am getting close to running out.  Can anybody help me figure out what current paints would be equivalent, or close enough?

In colour or density/behaviour?

The Bones colours are the same density, just a new and improved chemistry, and vastly improved metallics. 

But there's no exact colour replacement. 

Either find colours that are 'close enough' for your purpose, or try scouring reseller sites and ebay for kits. 

• Like 2

And keep in mind about 15 or so of them are going to be re-released sometime "soon".  There was a list from Reaper Ron in another post about this of the specific ones.  So perhaps the ones you like most are going to come back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Harrek said:

And keep in mind about 15 or so of them are going to be re-released sometime "soon".  There was a list from Reaper Ron in another post about this of the specific ones.  So perhaps the ones you like most are going to come back.

Can you remember anything else about where that list can be found?

I just tried to look over Reaper Ron's post history, and I couldn't find anything that seemed like it would lead to a list of re-released HD paints. Maybe I wasn't doing it right, but I did find a bunch of Reaper Ron's posts, in reverse chronological order, so it seemed like where I should be looking. I looked back as far as Reaper Ron's original announcement of the discontinuation of the HD line.

Maybe it wasn't Reaper Ron himself?

Or maybe it was in another place, such as ReaperVision ("Reaper Live", I guess it's called), or possibly... (shudder)... Facebook?

Dang. Looks like they're continuing several of my favorites that I intentionally sought out doubles for against the coming famine. I nearly panicked when I thought Suntan, Caucasian, and Maiden Flesh were going away.

On the other hand, it makes me glad I got a spare Ashen Brown, Twilight Purple, and Field Grey.

So, guess that's a wash.