Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I love it!

Good job!

Thanks Glitterwolf

6 minutes ago, TripleH said:

Looking good.

I'm prepping mine to paint for an upcoming campaign.

In looking at the one painted in the Reaper Online store, I may have thought about a lighter blue, and highlight the claws more... maybe I need to pick up another one so this guy has a cousin.

• Like 2

Those beady green eyes and yellowed teeth are monstrous, they're great! Good job on the edge highlighting of the horns and the leather on his arm too.

For a suggestion, I'd paint the rock he's throwing and the ground he stands on the same color, or add some blue crystals to the base to tie it all together.

Then again, his blue skin contrasts so well with the current brown color of the dirt. I hope these ideas helped.

• Like 2

Thanks all.

48 minutes ago, Bit_Green said:

Those beady green eyes and yellowed teeth are monstrous, they're great! Good job on the edge highlighting of the horns and the leather on his arm too.

For a suggestion, I'd paint the rock he's throwing and the ground he stands on the same color, or add some blue crystals to the base to tie it all together.

Then again, his blue skin contrasts so well with the current brown color of the dirt. I hope these ideas helped.

The leather wear is from a video suggestion posted on this site from the Advice & Tips, Youtube channels - Painting Buddha Community College! (also good stuff on painting faces, with 3 color zones, yellow, red, blue)

Not sure what I was trying on the stone he was throwing, I think it started out as Ice, then to more gem like... then kinda left it.

I will likely try to tie the base in better with ice or some snow flock. I typically push in some of the colors I am painting the mini into the base crevices, hopefully to tie the base colors into the mini (you can see a bit of that in the red-brown behind the bigger stones and the cloth under the fur). Thanks again.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Motherofdungeonmaster said:

That shade of blue is awesome.  From reading other comments, I think I need to get some indigo.

sometimes adding a watered down silver could make that rock more icy.  Perhaps a light blue dry brush on the edge.  I like the ice idea better than a stone.

The base skin is AV 70.899 Dark Prussian, mixed with black for the shadows, the highlights were with Dark Prussian and Reaper Ultramarine 09188, and then highest highlights mixed with Reaper Frost Blue 09421.

Thanks for the tips on the ice, I will have to try them out.