• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      Being the timid fellow that I am, I wanted to be fairly sure that I had a chance of finishing a Minivember challenge before I announced it publicly. 

I enter miniatures into my painting log when the final basing and varnish coat are complete, and the “whatever” is ready for play.  I’ve recently resolved to relax and not worry too much about where the Muse(s) lead, as long as I’m getting something done.  So all plans are subject to change.  That said, I’ve had two things on my mind recently.  

The first is that I was in a Rangers of Shadowdeep game at Barrage, our local miniatures gaming convention, back in September, and decided that it was time to try to get it on the table.  For fun, I decided that I would fill out my small (1/72) plastic fantasy collection for this.  I looked over the book, and found this was what was called for:

I got a good start on this on a business trip last month.  I am also working toward “finishing” the army lists I’ve drawn up for my Portable Fantasy campaign:

But exactly what I’m going to end up painting is a bit unpredictable.

As posted in the November Speed/Army/Tabletop  goals thread, I’ve also got some vintage Broadsword Miniatures Rangers to round out a unit, and the much-deferred Goblin Carolers for my Winterfeast village.  There are also orcs for the campaign mass battle, some human cavalry, some historical Bronze Age Nubians and some additional giant war trolls.

I’ve already finished a couple of medieval(oid) human horse archers. (English and other mounted bowmen did not generally shoot from horseback, so these guys, Strelets plastics I’ve had sitting around since 2005 or so, are probably more at home in a fantasy setting anyway.)

I also finished the zombies (plus a couple of smaller Reraper Bones 5 monsters):

These were knocked out pretty rapidly with washes and drybrushing, with a deliberate choice to keep them subdued and semi-monochromatic.  I doubt zombies spend much time on hygiene…

For the trolls needed for Rangers, I had planned to use the Bones 1 (SKU 77159) Ghast.  As a 1/72 scale figure, they end up being 8 or so feet tall, so look more to me like something a human might stand a chance of fighting than something like a Dark Alliance 12 foot tall War Troll.  But, yesterday was apparently Trollfest, and I finished up the three troll/ghasts, a Dark Alliance War troll, and a Caesar Miniatures “something” from their currently-out-of-production “Adventurers” set.  They are shown here with a Strelets medieval city militiaman from last month, for scale:

That’s 18 figures down, so at least 12 to go.  I’m on vacation with no particular plans this week, and I’m also off the week of Thanksgiving, so that should be achievable.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello again, this one is Darkblade, a Wizkids Pathfinder Deep Cuts 72596, Human Male Fighter. Darkblade is also a the character of one of the players of our D&D group. I painted it with Reaper MSP paint.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello there, here are pictures of Tungdill, a Wizkids Nolzur’s Marvelous 72630, Dwarf Male Paladin. It is the character of one of the players of our D&D group. I painted it with Reaper MSP paint and Citadel casandora yellow ink on the hammer head.

• By Zira
      Hi! I was just wondering if there were any reaper dragon minis close in size to the young green wizkids dragon? or any other dragons of any types that's not wizkids that's similar in size? I'm wanting to run an encounter with two dragons of the same size and would prefer not to double up on minis, and would love to expand my dragon collection to other companies than wizkids.
    • By Mark.Bright
      Hello 

This is my first post really on forums.  I normally post on Facebook. My wife and I paint models alot of the time side by side. Whilst I prep our quarterly contest entry we worked on these Storm Giants...  About half way done.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 1 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)