Sign in to follow this  
lazarp

Rackham The Red Lioness

So I'm still experimenting with glow effects, but I'm pretty happy with this one :lol:

Painted her to be used as a sorcerer in my 9th age army

IMG_20190313_200526.thumb.jpg.c1fcbedada3c170ffabc353026abad60.jpgIMG_20190313_200521.thumb.jpg.dd1c252299e27b7f6cbade0b86df0366.jpgIMG_20190313_200438_001.thumb.jpg.58a955d7ee2c974b1d7cafd2065c3b13.jpgIMG_20190313_200505.thumb.jpg.a9656862ab7fda18ab5d50032876e15f.jpgIMG_20190313_200457.thumb.jpg.bfae9f20f373fe976de236765bbb339e.jpg

• Like 18

Very nice. I like the glow effects. I've been painting for some time and I still can't say I've done glow effects that I've been at all happy with. I would recommend a little bit of dark color dry brushed or lined on some of glowing ridges of horns of the blade and the spine thing going up the center. it gives the illusion of shadows which helps with the look of glowing despite being pretty much in the glowing area. At the very least that's what most of the tutorials that I've watched say. I can't be certain as I've yet to successfully do it myself.

The gilding on the armor is nice too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      So, I heard Chaos Marauders are essential in Maggotkin of Nurgle armies in Warhammer: Age of Sigmar.  I prepped these guys for our planned league game that got delayed due to the pandemic.  At this rate, Sons of Behemat will be out before we can play.

• By Samedi
      I started this little guy some years ago, but then I got stuck and he just set on my shelf of shame and stared at me (I had already painted the eyes).
      Now I finally finished him, so it's a collaboration of Younger Samedi and Not-So-Young-Anymore-Samedi. Funny thing is, I have no idea what colours Young Samedi used, I just remember mixing some greens and browns together for the skin. And of course my all-time favourite metallic: The copper of the old Reaper Pro Paint series.

Young Samedi was a keyboard player, that's why he liked this mini so much - I mean, how many minis of keyboard players are there?
      Not-So-Young-Anymore-Samedi plays keyboard only very sporadically. But at least he finishes his painting projects now and then... 

So enjoy, C&C very welcome, as always!

• By Nightwing
      Here is the start of pathfinder red, which I’ll be doing as a Sapphire dragon, similar to what i did with the Grenadier Red Dragon II (which I did as  a Ruby dragon) a while ago.

Just base colors here; dark blue/black wash over his entire body, earth wash over the sand, and white statue. I really like how the blue and brown look together. The brown will be lightened up to sand, and the blue will end up a more saturated dark blue. I hope those colors will still look good together...

• By Lidless Eye
      They called them Renegade. Traitor. Heretic. Just for abandoning the lies of the Corpse-Emperor for the loving embrace of Grandfather Nurgle. They heard his call, they would tend to the eternal garden.

Here are some of my last finished miniatures of 2019, I just forgot to upload them to the forums.  Cultists, Renegades, and Traitors to serve in my Warhammer 40k forces.

• By lazarp
      Painted for my 9th age force 

• Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)