Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Khârn-Ages

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/685171087/kharn-ages

Some NSFW minis on the KS page, images not included here

The project

KHÂRN-ÂGES is a medieval fantastic skirmish game in which you direct a Spearhead (name given to your miniatures team). These Spearheads are composed of anthropomorphic animals of 54mm (this is an indicative value, many species are larger).
The figures are sold unassembled and unpainted.
It's an ambitious project where you can choose from four different factions from the start. A rules book will detail all phases of the game, as well as equipment, spells and scenarios. A double-sided battle mat completes the game material.
You can discover the universe and follow most heroes in a novel already available in French (it's a good way to start learning!): Khârn-Ages T1: The Embrasement.

In KHÂRN-ÂGES, you can modulate your compositions without changing miniatures! Indeed a same figurine can correspond to several LEVELS of profiles, and you can equip it as you wish, you have the possibility to play it with different characteristics while changing its weapons and its equipment, or to have access to many different spells for magicians. KHÂRN-ÂGES is a scenario game, it is not about exterminating your opponent (even if it's feasible sometimes!), but fulfilling your goals to win.

KHÂRN-ÂGES is a game that only requires a few miniatures to play, so you will not have a huge budget to plan to get started and buy your 500 Krowns of heroes to build your first Spearhead: the cost of recruitment of each mini proposed in this campaign is indicated below each model, it can be modulated by the equipment that will be available in the rulebook.

This campaign offers you to acquire the figurines, the rules, the play mat to fully enjoy your fun experience from the start. The rules are easy to understand and very permissive, but the level of strategy is very high and will seduce the most demanding players. You can discover the fighting engine on our YOUTUBE channel (with English subtitles).

Last but not least, KHÂRN-ÂGES is a 100% French game, the entire project is developed in the north of France, 40 km separate the workshop of creation and production of our paper printer.

GoalTo date, after nearly 3 years of development, we are proud to present most of the miniatures that will be available during this campaign, the others are being modeled.
Rules and profile cards have been tested (by our team and a number of seasoned Briskars players). They are currently finalized and in the process of being formatted.

If we decide to go through a crowdfunding campaign, it's because this project can not succeed without you!
TGCM is a modest company but has always kept its commitments and has created a substantial community around its first game, Briskars. However, the costs of such an adventure are much higher than those that allowed us to launch our first game.
In addition to the design phase, the production and molding of figurines, there are many items related to the creation of a game.
Your contributions will allow the printing of books and profiles and equipment cards, the modeling, the production and packaging of minitures, the control of the production line in our workshop to guarantee you the best quality and the development (we hope you will reach these levels) of many game accessories.
The goal we are hoping to reach may seem important, but it reflects the reality of the costs and charges we face.

Achieving this goal will allow the birth of KHÂRN-ÂGES, not to end our days in the sun!
We are counting on you all to reach it and bring the world of Safar to life...

Factions

Khârns

Proud and bellicose, they are the archetype of the warrior people, but they are far from having the same character. Their king gone crazy and paranoid after having tortured his people for too long is on the verge of being overthrown, the nobles are slipping into profit and debauchery at King-Khârns, the capital, and some, like Prince Baudry and his brave Paladins remain upright to the point of wanting to overthrow the established order.
However, all swear by blood and steel, the secular worship of this people. They have a brutal and organized fighting style, but are distinguished mainly by their diversity of profiles: from the heavy armors worn by paladins to the rapid attacks of the advanced vanguards, they have no real weaknesses except the valor of their fighters. They are the stability that a player preferring to fight back will particularly like.

Kharns en 1
PrinceSize 75mm / Base 50mm

VanguardSize 70mm / Base 40mm

PaladinSize 65mm / Base 50mm

Kharn warriorSize 54mm / Base 50mm

Maaaaaaan, I love those gnolls! Super cool sculpts.

Too bad they're so large. I'd love those for my D&D games, but at 54mm+, they're just too big.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Sanael said:

Maaaaaaan, I love those gnolls! Super cool sculpts.

You had to mention gnolls to make me look again, didn't you..... ::P:

Those... As far as I can tell on mobile, are indeed some rather nice looking sculpts... And concepts.. 

Wonder why it's such a jump to go from 3 minis to 5 minis, price goes up by 40€ for only two minis. 

.. Oh, because brain math is off, that's why. 

I rather like those gnolls, but I have no use for them (and no interest in the game they go with), so they'd be display pieces... right now, not something I have space for. 

Ah, well. Another day, perhaps.

• Like 1

I could see a whole adventure for a 28mm game themed around these and the Reaper Savage Avatars from Bones III and the Elephantine characters from Bones IV. An Avatar Crisis/Time of Troubles style adventure with demihuman avatars wandering the world causing (and stopping) mischief. It would be nice to have some different humanoid avatars. Especially the gnollish ones, Yeenoghu shouldn't be the only deity for all of them. I prefer them as feral savages rather than full on demonically evil.

Still, as much as I like the idea, I can't justify the cost. I hope if the project is successful (and it seems well on it's way) they will consider re-releasing them in a more affordable scale.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Wonder why it's such a jump to go from 3 minis to 5 minis, price goes up by 40€ for only two minis. 

.. Oh, because brain math is off, that's why. 

They maybe expect that the pledge will include more free items as the project progress.

The shipping tracker app on my phone just told me that the Norwegian Post just slapped a VAT and handling charge on a package from TGCM Productions, so odds are that it's the minis from this KS... 

And that they actually know how to fill out a customs label correctly. 

They must even have added my phone number on the right place since it showed up in the tracker...   

Anyway, I think it just may be time to update status to 'shipping'...

• Like 4