D&D is whatever the table wants it to be. It can have guns, it can have science fiction, it can have people from modern Earth who're just dimensionally displaced, and it can have freakish chitinous and tentacley things.

This is a cool mini and if my mom did that for me I'd find a way to fit it in my game. ::D:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2019 at 5:27 PM, BlazingTornado said:

D&D is whatever the table wants it to be. It can have guns, it can have science fiction, it can have people from modern Earth who're just dimensionally displaced, and it can have freakish chitinous and tentacley things.

This is a cool mini and if my mom did that for me I'd find a way to fit it in my game. ::D:

Yeah, making up rules for new monsters has always been a core part of the game, and the Dungeon Master's privilege. What DM worth their salt hasn't done it? Depending on how familiar you are with the Reaper back catalog you may notice that other models share the name "Bathalian" but, er, closely resemble the cannon Mind Flayer (recently brought to the masses in Stranger Things). I'm not sure to what degree Reaper or Reaper fans have elaborated on the connection between the various Bathalian castes or species, but someone else here on the forums may know? But looking up the Mind Flayer and letting in some Stranger Things influence, too, would be a great starting place for the imagination to take further. Great painting, btw!

Catalog lookup: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Bathalian

Edited by Spooktalker
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Motherofdungeonmaster said:

I'm having fun. He'd better not quit.  I'll either go into withdral or start selling on ETSY.

The figures or the kid?

• Haha 5