Buying strategy

Was wondering how the release of 2nd Ed. would affect your purchasing decisions going forward.

I was planning on picking up a few more CAV's as I've pretty much finished all of my current projects and thought I had a pretty good plan going forward. But with the release of 2nd Ed. coming I think it may be prudent to wait a short while until I find out who's getting what as I'd like to be able to make a smooth transition into the new edition.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep,

from what I understand though, the new system should be fairly adaptable concerning the mods like Samuari and Redhawk Bravo. We have to wait and see, I guess. but it shouldn't stop you from your enjoyment.

My advice for now would be not to convert your models too heavily. It's been stated that existing models will not be discontinued and will continue to be usable in the new system.

That being said, Warlord (the first RAGE game) has a fairly flexible system to modify troops. I can only hope that CAV 2E will contain something similar.

I guess the question being, will weapons swaps be allowed. fortunately, the Samurai and Redhawk Bravo features swaps from the same UCOR, and that type of swap was intentional for just this reason. that perhaps in the future, there may actually be some kind of compatability rules in effect for various weapons.

OK, but still, I currently have a heavily modified army, with lots of physical changes to the models. lots of money spent to get it this way, and lots of time invested; don't mind any of it cause for me, its all a part of the hobby. what I do mind is if the new rules make my "investment" obsolete, I'm not going to spend any more of my money, theres no point to it.

I'll support whatever decision the company makes, it is their product and I enjoy their product, but in the end, I decide what it is I'll spend my money on. So far, looks like I need a new rule book, I can live with that.

Well, I've been thinking about making a national force force for a while now, and I think this may well be the perfect time to do so. I'll probably dib for Terrans, although that does leave me with issues since Mitso-Ta stuff doesn't do much for me.

Maybe Rach, oooh ooh, maybe Ritterlich, ooh ooh, maybe Malvies (okay, perhaps not). Hmm, decisions decisions :o)

As for my own army, well I'm gonna count on mercs still getting a 'pick your own unit' thing so I'll stick to my current plan:

Nomad

Wolf

Banshee

Emperor

Chancellor

Thunderbird

Czar

Dragonfly

I think that's it :o) Oh no, forgot the Starhawk VI and Mantis.

I, too, have been thinking of doing a Rach National force, but I'm going to wait to see how thinkgs pan out before I make any big purchasing decisions.

I also had the idea of turning the Firehawks into a Templars Unit once GW2 kicks off, since the Templars do Business with EVERYBODY.

since the Templars do Business with EVERYBODY.

Well, the GAlaxy War was started by the Templars, and they were the first to be banned by the RAM Coalition's UCOR's. And since a Galaxy War is just that, I guess they'd also be banned by the other side.

Good plan though... still, I couldn't handle the duplicity and fervor. Not much better than Malvies, save they tell you they're gonna stab you in the back :o)

Well, I've been thinking about making a national force force for a while now, and I think this may well be the perfect time to do so. I'll probably dib for Terrans, although that does leave me with issues since Mitso-Ta stuff doesn't do much for me.

Baah! your British Dictator Rocks, you should have no trouble adapting to Mitso Ta if it comes down to that. Hey, the Templars thing sounds like a great idea actually, heh, Ok might be seeing a lot of Templar factions in the future right? LOL

and I always thought that bright orange Firehawks were Rach???? LOL

Well thank you Kamut, they do work quite well. I fielded a 'British' '70 Dictator in the Warmaster :o)

Mitso-Ta would only need the IFM's gluing down, but their general look really puts me off of them.

I may use Rach, or even Ritterlich. If I remeber correctly, that's Borsig Spline and RMI.

*Drools*

Hmm, Manti and Chancellors.... hmm, Spiders and Bishops and Sultans, plus Ogres and Challengers.

*Drools*

However, if I did that, I'm afraid I might have to field Wyverns

*Shudders*

:o)

The force I've been working on is mainly KODA and SYRAM so I'd be in a fairly good position to switch to a more nationalized army such as the Rach or a Terran force. In the end I think I'll finish what I started on a smaller scale and then use some of that same equipment to form the base of a new factional army.

I agree they need to be very careful going forward that they don't make people's prior investment of time and money for naught. That would not sit well with me either.

For now I'll make a few changes here and there and hope for the best.

Yeah, they might not make some of the figures obsolete, but they could make individuals obsolete.

KODA is the only Rach. I think one of the races has 3 UCORs, or am I simply unable to count UCOR's? :o)

A British Dictator 70? now thats just not right, LOL!

Well, understanding your not a fan of IFM, but I wouldn't glue them just yet. the Regent got the same IFM punch as the Spider, on a faster and better armored chassis. I really don't see the Regent as a fire support CAV, its got better stats than some superiorities.

The Ronin got the same IFM, but with the kind of primaries that make me say, yummy! Good Armor, solid model with an option of being a heavy fisted fire support CAV in a pinch. OK, at 375, even with my section limits, I can feild 3 of them and a regent for chaining stuff in, thats a murderous fast moving fire support unit, that can knuckle up if it had to.

Really, MT is got the stuff you have to be willing to give a chance, but when you do, you warm up to it, and it gets ya!