Skeleton Archer, Orc Marauder, Mangu Timur, Anirion, Ingrid, Hajad

RMGreen

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good!

You're right that layering is a more difficult technique than washing/drybrushing. But you'll find that, as you get better at both techniques, they both have uses where the other isn't appropriate (and, IMO, layering is more useful more of the time). 

Hajad and Ingrid both look very good, though! Certainly more depth than my first minis. Welcome to the hobby!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Nial ap Morai
      Super fun to paint, all Reaper Paints, the base is Vallejo- Sandy Paste with a Reaper sandy tan base coat and Minotaur hide wash.   The shoulder armor is powderburn brown with powderburn brown+drops of leather brown for highlights.   Really liked the armors color, I have been wanting to use that color.  Really happy with the eyes first mini in about 2 dozen whose eyes don’t looked like the guy was kicked in the side of the head by a horse. Shield looked spiffy too, which is key to any self respecting spartan 

• By Kangaroorex
      First diorama I've done since I've been I was ill this winter.  Although I have been doing a lot of reminiscing and wishing, which is what this piece is about.  I have at least one  of all the Burrows & Badgers range from Oathsworn and one of the parts I like is thst ao many or their miniatures can be used for non-dnd or domestic scenes.

I also finally found a use for the stable piece from the Reaper nativity scene.  I built an actual stable for that sp I had thst bit left over and it worked pretty well here.

I could explain it but I'm hoping the piece speaks for itself.  Hope you.all enjoy

I find tje affect the best when staring through the portal...

• By kazmania7
      This was a nightmarish project that I shelved for years after I had first put her together. Being metal I didn't want to try and attach the wings after it was painted so assembled all the parts of the dragon together. I wanted a blue dragon and first went with Prussian Blue, huge mistake as it looked awful and trying to paint that heavy thing in hand was a...     ...so it got shelved until now. It's my second dragon of any size (painted baby dragon as PC followers). but basically really my first as the other dragon I painted was the Asgard Dragon (twice the size of this weighting over 2 lbs. of lead) in the 80's done in metalic's where I hadn't any idea what I was doing, later striped and sold the model.

• By kazmania7
      She was in one of my WIP threads where I wanted to see how dark armor would look for 3000 Kyra and Lavarath. Since I finally finished that nightmarish project thgought I'd finish her up and use as Kyra on foot.

• By kazmania7
      I think the warlord line has some of the best dragonborn or dragon-men. The funny thing, yes a loose mini bin story, when painting him couldn't figure out what that thing was on his weapon was and painted it like a magical flame. Well after finishing him went on the reaper site to look him up and discovered the weapon had twisted itself around and it was just fur/feathers/etc hanging from the weapon not shooting up. Now afraid I'd probably snap it trying to twist it around with my luck, Nah if I twist it around I'd have the weapon to paint all over again lol.