Sign in to follow this  
ryc03

A selection of CAVs

Haven't post anything here for so long...

I'm not really following any color scheme here, since I am not familiar with the lore of CAV at all (I'm more interested in the game).

Also I wish I learnt a bit more about painting technique for glowing effect before painting the windows...

y4mVhCZEvQAZzjCm8J1BJWAwH-079XuRKVS4K-sN

y4mdzS-TH2Fz5MNADma6Y28Kw5Stoxba7XbxFGcc y4mDQMuiBXRt-fkhA4oVqThZQJHuQA-tdBKr_s5O

y4mWYCca1NjnuoAHduHxVGFZa-f9ELgRj08J0N4n  y4mv1-qlexTpcC0nvIgJ07bbKi25xnBDNrdlfHJt

y4mW2UtuhIwlzL0PlogHyxU3j2qOCEkZbEJvyzD0 y4mnNUOhxvnDOd9i8eoM0gWUjrgOhN0b2RgK-Myu

y4monE-dsWtaG_liDvrkw7D1lFouhHRb2U6wp-5k

y4mLat8eoHQL7wEPPT9ZzaaGumebZtUT92qVkXSm

y4ma2h1NEyUfr156niD_SFoQC0YVy-T3bZqJvI1h

y4m94UHgiHm4VYsQ-HVp1___Ji8-uuQC_cWIDlM4

y4mNGjS71NsX9kWUW1iv4ay1_hvkvu3r11JPzMOA

• Like 20

They're your toys, picking your own color scheme is part of the fun.

Good job.:winkthumbs:

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Adrift
      Terezinya was painted up to be a vampire character in my dnd game, the rest are fairly self explanatory. 

The translucent green Bones were given a coating of Grass Green India Ink and then had details highlighted out. They're retained their translucent quality while having better detail visibility. 

• By WhiteWulfe
      Finally sort of cleaned up my desk, so there's actually room to work again... Not quite enough room for hubby to work on his side yet, but we'll get there soon. ish. TM. 

Tentatively calling them the "Fiendish Flying Foxes" or something to that effect, but not fully certain yet hence the title not being as... fluffy as they usually are for me.  Kind of want to sneak "fire" in there somewhere too (Fierce, Fiery, Flying Foxes sort of rolls off the tongue), but haven't quite figured that out just yet.   ...And yes, I like alliteration, for some strange reason.

Anyways!  Been slowly collecting various CAVs, and since the race I like the fluff of the most currently isn't really available (at least until September-ish, aka Malvernis in the 3rd kickstarter) I figured I'd start with a Ritterlich group!  While I do have the rulebook, I haven't really read it yet but it's on the to-do "eventually" list....  So I aimed to go with at least 2 of what I liked, and 4 of what I really liked.  Seems to work at least for basics out of the gate anyways...  Thanks to a package going missing for over two months (and being reshipped due to such), I wound up with a few more than originally planned in some areas ^_^;;;;  

So, just what do the foxes have, at least so far?

Attack: 2x 72231 Cataphract, 4x 72050 Firedrake, 4x 72267 Rhino II, 4x 72283 Sabertooth, 4x 72273 Tiger, 2x 72278 Wolverine
      Fire Support: 6x 72282 Cheetah, 2x 72230 Silverback, 2x 72201 Tiamat
      Recon: 2x 72208 Cougar

Extras as why not: 6x 72284 Enforcer (came as freebies, so maybe spoils of war? :P)

Most are still in blister packs, but I do have five of them on the desk so far.....

^My first Cougar....  Who will also be the first, uhm... subject for my Vallejo terrain paste...

^Initial layout for the bases for my Cataphracts!

^My two Silverbacks, although I suspect more will see the table at some point because I apparently love missiles.

Why the 40mm circular bases?  Uhm, well...  It's partially because I prefer circular ones, partially because they're more stable on 40mm bases, and also because there's more room to do basing stuff with ^_^;;;;;;
    • By Adrift
      Attached are photos of a slew of different miniatures and projects I've been working on in 2019. 

The Battleguard Golem is clearly a Warforged Paladin in my mind as was painted accordingly; he's mounted onto a Frontline Games base. The Jungle Titan is on the base of a Reaper Dragon I gave my son as a toy previously. The Galladoria Games entrances are both attached to Frontline Games Stones Dungeon tiles. The Terratiles are from a Kickstarter that started fulfilling last month; they were a ReaperCon vendor in 2017 and make good stuff! On the CAV Thunderbird and Raptor, I wanted to simulate some lights; not as much love for the Kahn.  The Thunderbird was missing a shoulder mount so I subbed in a axehead from a long-age discarded figure. The Iron Golem has inspired a monster in my DND world called a Forgeblast Iron Golem and I wanted to simulate discoloration of the iron as though it is being superheated from within; I also wanted it to look as though heat was trying to escape from a few plate patches. Khai the Huntress from Bombshell is on a metal Reaper skulls base; I painted three of the skulls with a glowing green eye to add more interest.   
      Like everyone else, just trying to be creative, get better and have fun. 

• By Dan d'Lyon
      Can't believe I missed this one until now.  I didn't have a printer during their previous projects, but I'm definitely in on this one.  Less than 48 hours to go.  Link added.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2nddynasty/starship-iii-fully-3d-printable-28mm-spaceships?ref=user_menu

Seek adventure amongst the stars! Explore strange new worlds, smuggle illicit cargos across the hyperspace lanes or launch a space to ground assault, in your Scout Ship, Transport, or Space Shuttle!
      Somewhere in the outer reaches... Starship III introduces three original, fully 3D-printable spaceships scaled for 28mm play in your favourite Tabletop RPGs or Wargames. Complete with OpenLOCK-compatible modular interiors, the ships are detailed inside and out and a variety of configurations can be used to customise the deck plans.
      Each ship comes detailed inside and out (Scout ship standard interior shown here) As the campaign unfolds, new starship hull variants and modules will be unlocked as stretch goals to bring even more variety to your game and increase the pledge value for everyone.
      Each pledge is designed to be printed on your own 3D printer or via a print service, allowing you to print as many parts as you like, for non-commercial use. Deliverable files will be made available digitally in STL zip packs via DriveThruRPG.com (see Printing Requirements details below for print bed size requirements)
      Hangar 01: Space Shuttle Alpha Need a way to get your units from the ground to orbit? This space shuttle is fully modular and can be configured as a dropship, cargo shuttle, or even a small starship. The stock standard aerodynamic fuselage comes complete with manoeuvring thrusters, sensors, landing gear and articulated main thrusters for VTOL operations.
      The standard layout below is included in any pledges that include the shuttle Modular standard deck plan of shuttle interior. Hangar 02: Scout Ship Beta Explore deep space and final frontiers with this full 28mm scale scout ship, designed stock-standard for long haul endurance scout missions. Includes two manned turrets for defending in rough territory, a full sensor suite package for scanning new systems, a well equipped engineering section, cargo hold, living quarters and a 5-station forward bridge.
      These are the unique parts that compose the scout ship interior, which come as a part of any scout ship pledge Closeup of the Engineering Standard Deck Plan for the Scout Ship Beta Hangar 03: Transport Delta Cruise the hyperspace lanes in this high-speed transport. Haul cargo - legal or illicit - with two massive engines to get you from point A to point B. Manoeuvre with the fluidity of repulsor technology and defend yourself with manned or unmanned turrets and a powerful shield generator.

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      Just noticed this KS was posted here. Only 53 hours left....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wowbuildings/wowbuildings-further-space-adventures-3d-print-stl/description

Here we are folks, WOWBuildings is expanding further into space, with the infrastructure now for several types of scenarios, this KS will be a mix of vehicles and Buildings so you will have an even bigger range of choices for your tabletops. all will come in STL format and cuts will be made where needed so boot up those 3D printers once again and jump on board for what hopefully will be a great sack full of goodies to enjoy.
      I am adding a couple of special adds that are for personal print use only as a little treat for you top end backers, all files will be initially 28mm scaled (but slightly over scaled to allow for GW sized figures) and optimized for 15-32mm scales so hopefully something for all.
      Again human based faction designs for this KS with other races in the pipeline if all goes well, so hello again and as usual keep the feedback coming and if you want anything specific added then just ask, if it can be done it will be so
      Stretch Goals as you see will start at £1000, and £500, but this time i am toying with adding some £250 jump points too here and there to add to the fun.
      I have tried to keep the pledge level prices as low as i can as well including the licence which is an absolute bargain price for this KS as a thank you for continued support and to help with those after Xmas blues.
      £10 Road Builder
      £30 Asteroid Miner
      £40 Planet Settler
  • Who's Online   35 Members, 2 Anonymous, 149 Guests (See full list)