Smokestack

Ultimate Spheres of Power

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/adammeyers/ultimate-spheres-of-power-the-complete-system-path/comments

About

This project combines and updates the 5-Star, seal-of-approval Spheres of Power magic system into a single 400+ page volume!

31cf4e6b593f082959032771372a16d0_origina

Spheres of Power was a new magic system released in 2014 and made for Pathfinder and other D20 systems. With its incredible flexibility and easy-to-use talent-based magic system, Spheres of Power quickly became a top-reviewed magic system and our top-selling product, and thanks to the generosity of patreon has been greatly expanded with the publication of over 20 handbooks of new and expanded content.

7cd8402dbe830c0cfa0328da3dab6737_origina

Now it's time to take all the lessons we learned, all the adjustments that have been made, and create the final, authoritative version of Spheres of Power, combining everything the system has become into a single, ultimate edition!

Ultimate Spheres of Power combines content from over 20 handbooks, including Spheres of Power, Expanded Options, Items of Power, The Temestarian's Handbook, The Telekinetic's Handbook, The Geomancer's Handbook, The Enhancer's Handbook, The Diviner's Handbook, The Abjurer's Handbook, The Auspician's Handbook, The Battlemage's Handbook, The Chronomancer's Handbook, The Conjurer's Handbook, The Creator's Handbook, The Destroyer's Handbook, The Illuminator's Handbook, The Mentalist's Handbook, The Necromancer's Handbook, The Nyctomancer's Handbook, The Shapeshifter's Handbook, The Trickster's Handbook, The Vivomancer's Handbook, and more into an updated, streamlined, and multi-faceted volume of amazing magic!

21a59e2d0f27735a195d3544449550c5_origina

Spheres of Power is an alternate magic system that completely breaks away from the old, vancian system of magic-use and instead presents players and GMs with the tools they need to forge magic and magic-users into whatever image they desire. Instead of being forced to adapt a concept to the system's spell lists and classes, Spheres of Power uses a tradition system for customizing the how's and why's of magic, as well as a talent-based system for building a caster's magic abilities.

With Spheres of Power, you gain the freedom to break from the traditional molds of fantasy D20 and create virtually any form of world, setting, or caster, including from the Cosmere to Final Fantasy to RWBY and beyond.

For more information, check out our video above, as well as noted reviewer Endzeitgeist's take on the original book! 

0eae0fe351d460a9a0e6e107666d6843_origina
bce6ee64ae9feffd57404017f9342c72_origina
dd2f11b44da9eaefca6db15de7f7d410_origina
1b380ad68b6ff1efc709c6ebe9423ba0_origina

Every backer will also be listed in the book as a supporter who helped make this book a reality!

419db491a921d3fe2f8a1d24c25c0da0_origina

Stretch Goals are special bonuses that are unlocked as the project gains more funding. This could include the funding of additional product lines to be made available as add-ons, additional content for the book, new artwork, and more.

2d14f3f20c8712312cbeaed8796aedad_origina
0b49d2b493d086d1e8041258366c5827_origina

Both the distribution of PDFs as well as the printing of the hard and softcover books will be done through DrivethruRPG's Print-on-Demand service. Not only does this allow us to do a limited print run, but also allows us to handle fulfillment outside North America with general ease.

• Thanks 1

I have the original Spheres of Power, and I like it very much. If you ever played White Wolf's Mage game or watched Avatar, the system lets you create those kind of feelings. Also while more versatile than regular DnD/pathfinder magic it does away with the more broken aspects of magic. More fun stuff and less save or die stuff.

I really like how you can tailor a caster to exactly what you want. Fire Mage? No need in having to pick spells or class features that don't fit that image.

Edit: This is a Pathfinder 1st edition based book.

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Hello,

Now that the Kickstarter project, Depths of Savage Atoll, from EC3D Designs, is through the funding phase, I thought I would share some of my painted examples of the FDM print tests.

All were done on an Ender-3 (mostly stock other than a mirror bed and a metal extruder replacement)

The group:

Merfolk:

Merrow:

Kraken Cultists:

Water Elementals:

Giant Octopus:

Deep Devils:

Shark Men:

And what Sea campaign would be complete without Pirates?

• By Sylverthorne
      So.. this is happening.
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1141913215/mech-cockpit-simulator

I'm not sure what I can say about this that isn't said on the page; other than it looks like a sheet management toy that could be a lot of fun to mess with.

I'll let you guys judge effectiveness for yourselves. ;p
    • By Smokestack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eternalverse/eternalverse-heroines-miniature-collection/description

Eternalverse Heroines Miniature Collection
      28mm resin miniatures featuring powerful designs for girls in fantasy tabletop games, .STL available too! No boob armor, we promise.
      About
      We wanted to make a collection of miniature heroines that you would be proud to give to your daughters. We strugle to find variety in this field and we want to make a difference offering wonderful designs with non sexualized poses and clothes and, of course, defeat the boob armour for good, let's keep it practical. The nerd future deserves awesome heroines and we are gonna do it right. 
      Our miniature Heroines are perfect for a lot of tabletop games like Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, Warhammer, etc. Also they're lovely for the painting enthusiasts with a medium level of difficulty.
      The miniatures will be available assembled and unpainted and in .stl, ready to be printed. They're in 28mm scale and come with circle bases. Moulds and production are going to be done by a factory of miniature proffesionals who make high detailed works like anime figures and wargames miniatures (and that they do the production on a very well know brand of figures who casually have a cool range of women soldiers!).
      Back view!  SHIPPING INFO
       Shipping prices are already stated, we consulted our mail system and included them to the rewards. The shipping is going to be certificated and you will have your tracking number.
      First prototipe, 3D printed with CR Ender 3 (not the final quality) Painting test on the prototipe!  ABOUT THE .STLs
      The digital reward is a great and cheap option for the makers!
      This miniatures are perfect for sla and pla printing. We will attach a little guide on how to print with better quality of detail. .Stl of the bases are inclued!  ABOUT THE PACKAGING
      As a basic packaging for the four miniatures we think of a cardboard and plastic blister but if we have enough funds we would love to give our Heroines a custom cardboard box! 
      As a stretch goal we have something you all will enjoy, if we reach 10 000 € we will add to all the pledges without extra cost the Heroines Digital Art Booklet as a big thank you. This pdf booklet will feature original concept sketches, illustrations and 3D renderings by three different artist. 
       We didn't want to add a lot of stretch goals because we want to give all our attention and care to our four heroines. We already seen that some of the bigger miniature projects here on Kickstarter resulted in big disasters because the creators were too ambitious with huge amounts of unfinished add ons and stretch goals. 
      Original idea, 2D development : Clementina Barcia, Carlos Rodas
      3D sculptors: CastnPlay
      WHO WE ARE
       We are two goblins based on Galicia, Spain  who like to think ideas and products for tabletop games. We are know for our Random Character Generator dice set and for our 3D printable terrain Easyhex inspired by low poly games. We like to do it well and kick!
      BUDGET FOR THIS CAMPAIGN
      This is how we are going to spend the funds, any extra money we will use it for getting better things for our backers and keep our indie business going. 
      TRACK US!
       http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/eternalverse/eternalverse-heroines-miniature-collection/ 
      SPECIAL THANKS
    • By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ulissesspiele/the-dark-eye-magic-of-aventuria

From the page: "Explore the deeper mysteries of The Dark Eye with Magic of Aventuria and enhance your gameplay with additional rules, professions and archetypes on 240 pages! Magic of Aventuria gives you access to new magical traditions, perks and spells and gives you the background of what magic is like in Aventuria. Magic of Aventuria allows you to take complete control over the mystical art by delving into some of its strangest and most powerful practices of every kind of magic – from word, to song, to dance. Expand your magical repertoire with new traditions, spells and enchantments! Nearly two dozen profession packages expand options for starting characters and new focus rules for spell workshops allow mages to develop new and exciting spell effects!"

We have been collecting The Dark Eye books for a while; and have been pleased with the previous books from these kickstarters; can recommend.
    • By Maledrakh
      The Whispering Tyrant from the second Bones kickstarter. This is an officially licensed Pathfinder miniature. So I guess it is some sort of evil adversary in some adventure or other in that game.
      For me, this is Loki. I expect you see why. To make the model even more similar to the trickster god, I cut off the central helment-thing and carved the helmet round. Which took me whole tens of seconds! Bones material is really easy to cut and convert. I will miss this aspect with the Bones Black minis.
      On this mini I have tried out some new colorshift paints from Green Stuff World and a flip paint (which is supposed to get the same effect) from Instar.
      I probably did not do it right, as I don't think it has much of a colorshifting effect (there is a slight effect, though). The instructions say to use a gloss black undercoat and many, many thin layers to get the effect.
      I did not do that. On a brown basecoat I used GSW Mystic Gold colorshift, and Instar Green Gold Flip, with GSW Tropical Green at the tips and edges. and I just glooped it on! Two or three thick coats of each paint is used here. So next time, maybe I should try actually following the instructions...
      Anyhow, this model will make a good leader for my undead legions, or even a C'Tan for the Necrons.

89031 Whispering Tyrant
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013
      Sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Bonesium PVC
      40mm round lipped base

• Who's Online   18 Members, 2 Anonymous, 123 Guests (See full list)