Nice old school mini and painted up well - good choice making him a red head - what with the green and all.

2 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

How does one just get gifted a box of 100 old minis? That’s what I’m wondering. Nice little dwarf you painted there!

Friend of a friend was clearing out his old “childhood” toys, asked my friend if he wanted them (which he didn’t), but my friend said, “ But I know someone who would!” There’s a bunch of old Ral Partha, as well as many w/no maker mark, like this one. Someone said they recognized it as an old GW mini. I’ve been trying to get good enough at painting to do these wonders a respectable job. 

Here’s a couple more. The Sackville-Baggins’s, and another ranger, of the human bent.

6554DEEA-C815-4329-8410-0E9B67D52BFD.jpeg

40EF377D-43E0-48B7-AFBE-E266B78CC822.jpeg

• Like 14

Nice paint jobs. I really like the colors on the Sackville Baggins pieces.  I recognize that ranger. He is one of the three stage character models Ral Partha did in the late 80's . He came in a blister pack with two other models. Each pack was supposed to have 3 versions of the same adventurer with varying grades of equipment to represent progression through gaining levels. You may have two more versions of this fellow with better armor in that pile somewhere. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kormydigar said:

Nice paint jobs. I really like the colors on the Sackville Baggins pieces.  I recognize that ranger. He is one of the three stage character models Ral Partha did in the late 80's . He came in a blister pack with two other models. Each pack was supposed to have 3 versions of the same adventurer with varying grades of equipment to represent progression through gaining levels. You may have two more versions of this fellow with better armor in that pile somewhere. 

I think I got two of the three. There was a ranger with a similar pose that had a knife. I painted him up and gifted him to the friend that channelled these oldsters to me. No sign of the third one. Thanks for the bit of history on the figures. ::D:

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now