Sign in to follow this  
Axolotegaming

Dragons of the Red Moon - 20 cm Resin gargantuan dragon miniatures

432d2d46-9125-44ca-9bbc-b956c4eb6a31.thumb.jpg.f8dbd6756ceb0eb8f8ec35922df98593.jpg

We just launched our campaign for awesome gargantuan dragons, they are 20 cm high, they will look huge compared to 32mm miniatures, the design of every dragon is also unique and different. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dracostudios/dragons-of-the-red-moon

We hope you can join us on this draconic adventure!

1580730253_kuxcoatla5.thumb.png.0132d53cbf96b2b3f7aaede839059aab.png

• Like 2

Seriously tempted by that Kuxcoatl, and, dare I guess that the Baastherox is going to be a cat dragon?  Anyone have experience with this company?  Have they done STLs before? 

Hey guys! so answering to some questions. The company is digging into 3d printables for the first time. Howeeever I am the creator and owner for Axolote Gaming (5 ks under my bel of 3d printable files!) and I am the sculptor for the dragons on this campaign :p! The have some challenges as to how to slice them up to optimize 3d printing, when sculpting I was more  focused on keeping the original pose and detail from the concept drawings, so they are not incredible 3d optimal, however i will try to make them doable. They will probably need supports!

Anyway, glad to have these many comments! would love to have some of you guys on board!

Also remember that every new dragon is automatically added to the 3d bundle so in the long run it will be a great deal (it already is, if you ask me)

Are the files 'complete models' or split into parts?   

My Kudo 3D Bean printer has a max print size of 12.1 cm x 6.8 cm x 15 cm

(I'm expecting a bottle of clear resin for it... That would look awesome... I think... )

I'm in for the stls'. (Like the amount of unpainted minis that I have, I'll just add these to the ever growing list of things to print) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I'm going to watch for now.  Haven't had lots of luck with printing "minis" so far.

How much do high end 3D print stores cost, if you brought them a file to run? 

3 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I'm going to watch for now.  Haven't had lots of luck with printing "minis" so far.

The dragons are actually quite big ;p 20 cm high, they will come split up into parts, but answering the question i do not think all parts will fit in the Kudo Bean, however you can always scale down the parts to the same % and use that. 

3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

How much do high end 3D print stores cost, if you brought them a file to run? 

I tried to get quotes for a different project and the low was 350 and the high was 1000$ There was a licensed seller for 100$ (+ shipping). I really pays to buy your own and learn to use it or avoid. You're paying for the time using the machine not the printing materials and when your competition is business and movies...

• Like 2