Dragons of the Red Moon - 20 cm Resin gargantuan dragon miniatures

5 minutes ago, lexomatic said:

I tried to get quotes for a different project and the low was 350 and the high was 1000$ There was a licensed seller for 100$ (+ shipping). I really pays to buy your own and learn to use it or avoid. You're paying for the time using the machine not the printing materials and when your competition is business and movies...

Good to know. That's a shame; it would be nice if that was a viable option. Seems like the personal use 3D printers are often not high enough resolution to be great at this sort of thing yet, but the high end ones have no problem... and those are only at the shops. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Might be worth checking with local libraries, as many seem to have 3d printers for customer/member use. No idea what the fees might be or the quality of the prints.

My local library is $0.10 per gram, but lead times are 6-8 weeks.  So hopefully Vancouver is similar

• Like 4

I really want that feathered dragon, but I'm not sure if I'll ever have a 3D printer, let alone one capable of printing something at the sort of quality I'd want. That said, ~$80 for one dragon figure, while reasonable when not talking about figures in Bonesium, does sting the wallet something fierce. I just don't know...

• Like 1

If my Resin printer could take larger prints, I'd be all over this KS. 

20x20cm is a typical max printbed on filament-based 3D printers for home use. 

Maybe some of the newer printers can do the job, but personally, I think Resin is the wayto go for details right now.   

You may want to hop on over to the Fat Dragon Games forum and read there, as there's a lot of info on the topic there.   

And possibly browse Thingiverse for a little while to find an excuse... 

(I mostly use my filament printer to make toolholders and stuff like that, but I've even made a replacement wheel for the table for my mother's vintage pedal-driven sewing machine)

• Like 3
On 3/26/2019 at 8:45 AM, Dan d'Lyon said:

Ok.  For $25 it's really hard to pass up the stl files.....

I'm in for the stl and some dice.

I can always use more dice.

I am concerned that we haven't seen them PRINTING their own files. I'd like to know how they do it, what machine they use, the setting, etc...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.