So after painting a bunch of fantasy adventurers, I decided I needed a bit of a change of pace.  Enter my finds of some IMEF infantrymen and a mech from something I'm not familiar with (all Reaper minis).. and combine that with my extensive experience with military model kits.  What you get is this project to paint the IMEF guys in colors inspired by the Japanese Special Naval Landing Forces; one is finished and the others are in progress.

The mech is being painted up in camo inspired by Japanese army tank camo colors to make it kind of a matching set.  In the last pic you can also see my Victorian adventuress from the Raj, if you want to call it that.

IMG_20190321_155641217.jpg

IMG_20190321_155708365.jpg

IMG_20190321_155722883.jpg

IMG_20190321_155734313.jpg

• Like 7

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      WIP
      Quick paint spread throughout the day.

• By Maglok
      I painted this dude up as my technomancer for our Starfinder campaign. The idea is his coat is very tech-ey. I used a Bones Chronoscope miniature and modded in some antenna. Also slightly purple skin, cause this is a Lashunta.

• By lexomatic
      I had a bad day and decided to do some painting in between the terrain stuff.
      I did quick red /brown/blue liner primer coats at 920 and put stuff aside. Then did another 15-20 minutes ruddy leather on belts and boots, intense brown and oiled leather on coat, creamy ivory on shirt, red shadow and carnage red lightened with Ivory and medium. Corporea black for pants.

• By BLZeebub
      This is something I started working on a looong time ago.  I finally made the push to get it done and get it out--probably donating it to one of the FLGSs.  WIP  here:  https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87566-ruined-building-terrain-pic-heavy-ish/
      I wasn't trying to get too, too fancy with this.  Rather I began with the intent to see how quickly I could make a good enough piece of terrain.  Had I not taken a year-long hiatus from it I may have succeeded, as I think that barring drying times I have around.
      You can see a Bones skele or to lurking around for scale.  I was having a challenging time with my camera and the lighting (room is kind of in disarray at the moment), so I have a few different exposures here.
      Had a lot of fun with the fiddly bits like the graffiti, wire conduit, and dead plants.
      In the fist and second pics you can even see one of my new backgrounds in the...background--too bad I made it for a standard mini, not a large building.
      Questions, comments, critiques welcome!

• By BLZeebub
      This is just something that's been on the SoS for an embarrassing amount of time.  Finally making the effort to finish it up and move on.  Materials are corrugated cardboard on a base of stiff cardboard/MDF.  Rebar from paperclips.  Rocks, gravel, and sand, and a straw for the pipe.  Spray primed with black, wet brushed with gray hobby paint.  Next will be some highlights and a wash, some vegetation, and done.  Reaper Bones skelie for skale!  Pardon the rigged light box--lots of other house projects have my hobby room crammed with crap at the moment.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 0 Anonymous, 94 Guests (See full list)