Sign in to follow this  
Stonebred

D&D at ReaperCon?

I would be willing to put in for a Numenara game or something Cthulhuesque for a little interest.  We will see as the time gets closer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rawlkeer said:

Do people bring board games? I am thinking about bringing Redneck Life and/or Escape the dark castle

I have threatened to bring Shadows of Brimstone, which is more of a dungeon crawl than a board game but it's not an RPG either.

• Like 1

People do bring board games.  After hours there are many party style games (Cards against Humanity, Red Flags etc) plis other board games that individuals jave brought.  Some people we playing Kimgdome Death Monsters as well.  None of these were On the schedule as I recall.  They were all pickup games.

• Like 3

There's also a board game library with a selection of games available.

• Like 3

I would love to see them expand their game choice and include board games, Battletech, CAV in a more relaxed way meaning not tournament, but just for fun.  I think it would draw more people and just help expand the con. Of course Reaper has always done this con as a painting/miniature con and not focused on the gaming aspect.  That can be a lot of extra work for them, but I still believe this con could literally take over that hotel if they had all kinds of gaming too. Just my two cents worth.

• Like 1

Last year there was a booth with tons of board games that you could check out. I would assume that will be there again this year, but I have no official information as to whether it'll be there or not.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

On 5/29/2019 at 7:39 PM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

People do bring board games.  After hours there are many party style games (Cards against Humanity, Red Flags etc) plis other board games that individuals jave brought.  Some people we playing Kimgdome Death Monsters as well.  None of these were On the schedule as I recall.  They were all pickup games.

I hope you're ready for more unstable unicorns jess got the next expansion from their kickstarter lol

On 5/29/2019 at 8:51 PM, rawlkeer said:

every day I look more and more forward to this trip

Is this your first time? 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, rawlkeer said:

Yes, it is. Been to the big ones a couple times, garycon once, but never this one

Very nice one of these days I'll make it to those,  you should find me and my wife. Last year was our first year and Knarthex and Dilvish took us under their wings and showed us the ropes, PM me so I have your name I'd love to meet you and do the same as muchas I can, show you around or anything else you need! It's a great time nothing like it! Are you staying at the hotel? 

Edited by Crimson_king_of_the_tower
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, rawlkeer said:

Yes, it is. Been to the big ones a couple times, garycon once, but never this one

I really should go to Garycon someday, seeing as its practically in my backyard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dragoneye said:

I really should go to Garycon someday, seeing as its practically in my backyard.

I highly recommend it. The venue is really nice, very gamer oriented and lots of "old school" stuff (and people). I went in 2015 and it was about 1500 attendees I believe. I heard last year it was a good bit more crowded but that is how it always seems to go, over time it gets bigger

• Like 4

I submitted my official Dreadmere rpg events powered by D&D 5e. This is year 4 of the Dreadmere saga and we're premiering a new outlaw band. This year all 7 outlaw bands will be playable so you'll be able to play all your old favorites as well as the new band.

Stay tuned...

>>ReaperWolf

• Like 6

Sessions will be 3 hour blocks and seating will be limited to 6 although I do reserve the right to sit +1 or +2 depending upon interest. As in previous years the scenarios are fast paced with emphasis on perilous adventure.

Details on the scenarios will be available soon. In the meantime check out the Dreadmere at a Glance doc.

https://forum.reapermini.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=171341

• Like 7