Sign in to follow this  
Jabberwocky

Ghouls #03716

These look awesome! Love the red around the exposed spine.

There con sounds like a cool thing, too. 

• Like 3

Thanks, Sanael. I have really been pleased to see a push in our hobby to use miniatures for more than gaming and help raise money for charities or individuals in times of need.

• Like 4

Painted for a good cause!

Awesome!

I really love that skintone, care to share the recipe?

• Like 2

Very nice - I like the bluish tint to the skin and the blood on the hands + splash on knee is perfect!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Painted for a good cause!

Awesome!

I really love that skintone, care to share the recipe?

Thank you, Glitterwolf! It's pretty straight forward. The base was Moldy Skin, wish progressive shading with Ghoul Skin (surprise!), Carnival Purple + Ghoul Skin, then deepest shading with Blue Liner. The highlights were Bloodless Skin followed by Maggot White. I hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jabberwocky said:

Thank you, Glitterwolf! It's pretty straight forward. The base was Moldy Skin, wish progressive shading with Ghoul Skin (surprise!), Carnival Purple + Ghoul Skin, then deepest shading with Blue Liner. The highlights were Bloodless Skin followed by Maggot White. I hope this helps!

Thanks!

It seems I have all of those paints.

I will try this the next time I paint a ghoul or ghast, I seem to have some of those in my mountain of unpainted minis.

• Like 2

Outstanding work on these rotten undead, the skin tone is absolutely perfect, and the blood makes them freaking gross. May I ask, what do you use for blood effect?

Thumbs up for giving them away for a good cause. :winkthumbs:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Outstanding work on these rotten undead, the skin tone is absolutely perfect, and the blood makes them freaking gross. May I ask, what do you use for blood effect?

Thumbs up for giving them away for a good cause. :winkthumbs:

Thank you Metalchaos! The blood effect is Tamiya Clear Red with just a little bit of black. It is strange stuff. It dries glossy, but also straight from the pot is thick and kind of sticky after a short while. I applied with with a brush and flicking it off a toothbrush for the splatter. I have used it as a dripping effect in the past; it's not durable unfortunately. You probably could glue something to the model and paint it over that to get something that would last a little longer. I have also heard of people mixing it with UHU glue to get the stringy effect a bit easier.

• Like 5

On 3/27/2019 at 5:27 PM, Jabberwocky said:

Thank you Metalchaos! The blood effect is Tamiya Clear Red with just a little bit of black. It is strange stuff. It dries glossy, but also straight from the pot is thick and kind of sticky after a short while. I applied with with a brush and flicking it off a toothbrush for the splatter. I have used it as a dripping effect in the past; it's not durable unfortunately. You probably could glue something to the model and paint it over that to get something that would last a little longer. I have also heard of people mixing it with UHU glue to get the stringy effect a bit easier.

Thanks for the tip.

• Like 2

these are just wicked, the most ghoulish ghouls ever. Wasn't planning a lot of undead, but these 2 models are now going on my " must have" list

• Like 2