Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jabberwocky

Ghouls #03716

Recommended Posts

These look awesome! Love the red around the exposed spine.

 

There con sounds like a cool thing, too. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Sanael. I have really been pleased to see a push in our hobby to use miniatures for more than gaming and help raise money for charities or individuals in times of need.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Painted for a good cause!

Awesome!

 

I really love that skintone, care to share the recipe?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Painted for a good cause!

Awesome!

 

I really love that skintone, care to share the recipe?

 

 Thank you, Glitterwolf! It's pretty straight forward. The base was Moldy Skin, wish progressive shading with Ghoul Skin (surprise!), Carnival Purple + Ghoul Skin, then deepest shading with Blue Liner. The highlights were Bloodless Skin followed by Maggot White. I hope this helps!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jabberwocky said:

 Thank you, Glitterwolf! It's pretty straight forward. The base was Moldy Skin, wish progressive shading with Ghoul Skin (surprise!), Carnival Purple + Ghoul Skin, then deepest shading with Blue Liner. The highlights were Bloodless Skin followed by Maggot White. I hope this helps!

 

Thanks!

It seems I have all of those paints.

I will try this the next time I paint a ghoul or ghast, I seem to have some of those in my mountain of unpainted minis.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outstanding work on these rotten undead, the skin tone is absolutely perfect, and the blood makes them freaking gross. May I ask, what do you use for blood effect?

Thumbs up for giving them away for a good cause. :winkthumbs:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Outstanding work on these rotten undead, the skin tone is absolutely perfect, and the blood makes them freaking gross. May I ask, what do you use for blood effect?

Thumbs up for giving them away for a good cause. :winkthumbs:

Thank you Metalchaos! The blood effect is Tamiya Clear Red with just a little bit of black. It is strange stuff. It dries glossy, but also straight from the pot is thick and kind of sticky after a short while. I applied with with a brush and flicking it off a toothbrush for the splatter. I have used it as a dripping effect in the past; it's not durable unfortunately. You probably could glue something to the model and paint it over that to get something that would last a little longer. I have also heard of people mixing it with UHU glue to get the stringy effect a bit easier.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 5:27 PM, Jabberwocky said:

Thank you Metalchaos! The blood effect is Tamiya Clear Red with just a little bit of black. It is strange stuff. It dries glossy, but also straight from the pot is thick and kind of sticky after a short while. I applied with with a brush and flicking it off a toothbrush for the splatter. I have used it as a dripping effect in the past; it's not durable unfortunately. You probably could glue something to the model and paint it over that to get something that would last a little longer. I have also heard of people mixing it with UHU glue to get the stringy effect a bit easier.

 

Thanks for the tip.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

these are just wicked, the most ghoulish ghouls ever. Wasn't planning a lot of undead, but these 2 models are now going on my " must have" list

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...