Bombshell Babes 4

Darsc Zacal

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick note on the topic of resins!

There are thousands of different types of resins.  The tabletop game industry has about 30 or 40 different variations that I can think of used commonly.  Some resins are super lightweight and very very brittle, others have a slight flexibility to them classified as "semi-rigid" that we are using ourselves that can withstand a crow bar beating on them (showed that on one variation we used) They also vary wildly in price for the manufacturer so that can play into the final cost of the models.  We have finally set on what we believe to be the ideal resin and are using it going forward, started using it a few months ago.

I have no idea what version they are using, but i definitely do not want people to think that because a project is resin based it has amazing details but is super fragile.  That MAY not be the case :)

Kevin

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I might go in for Tribal Maelee and Helpersaurus, that's about all I could swing at the moment. I would like do more but... the KS is only 9 days, that's probably the shortest I have ever seen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HornedTurtle said:

I really agree with the Bubblegum Crisis feel, question though is what color...

If you want to use BGC colors, the better question is: Can I mod the figure enough for each of the other three suits so I can have all of them?  (You don't have to be exact, just enough to give the impression of the other suits.)

This sounds like a project for ReaperCon 2020.  (For someone else.)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Galladoria Games said:

A quick note on the topic of resins!

There are thousands of different types of resins.  The tabletop game industry has about 30 or 40 different variations that I can think of used commonly.  Some resins are super lightweight and very very brittle, others have a slight flexibility to them classified as "semi-rigid" that we are using ourselves that can withstand a crow bar beating on them (showed that on one variation we used) They also vary wildly in price for the manufacturer so that can play into the final cost of the models.  We have finally set on what we believe to be the ideal resin and are using it going forward, started using it a few months ago.

I have no idea what version they are using, but i definitely do not want people to think that because a project is resin based it has amazing details but is super fragile.  That MAY not be the case :)

Kevin

The fact that there are 30 or 40 formulas that all get grouped under the category of resin, without clear differentiation is exactly why the term makes some of us skittish. If you have one particular mix you use, name it and use it consistently so that people can get used to what ever it is.

• Like 1