3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Cool terrain and well painted.

Thanks Glitterwolf...now I just need to paint up some wolves to guard the open door of this  shack!:poke:

9 hours ago, Cassu said:

Really like the textures on this, the wood beam on top is especially nice.

Thanks Cassu. I intentionaly amped the highlights on the roof section for a pseudo zenithal highlight. The nice thing about 3D prints is that they do allow for some agressively sculpted textures.  For the wood I debated between this dirty old wood look, an old greyed wood, or a fresh cut bright wood. In the end I think the dirty wood allowed looks good. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, KruleBear said:

Thanks Glitterwolf...now I just need to paint up some wolves to guard the open door of this  shack!:poke:

Thanks Cassu. I intentionaly amped the highlights on the roof section for a pseudo zenithal highlight. The nice thing about 3D prints is that they do allow for some agressively sculpted textures.  For the wood I debated between this dirty old wood look, an old greyed wood, or a fresh cut bright wood. In the end I think the dirty wood allowed looks good. 

Wolves at your door!

Good idea!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Cassu said:

Really like the textures on this, the wood beam on top is especially nice.

Are there real world examples of roofs with that feature? (The wood beam on the roof ridge.)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TGP said:

Are there real world examples of roofs with that feature? (The wood beam on the roof ridge.)

I have never seen a real world example, i would think it would work, but expose the ridge beam to excessive weathering. 

2 hours ago, malefactus said:

That is a BEAUTIFULLY crafted & painted gem. It is a charming little building. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks Malefactus. I always enjoy hearing from you. When I first assembled the two pieces, I immediately thought this would look at home in Malefactus’ world with some minor tweaks. That is part of the reason I went with the blue slate roof instaed of a grey or wood shakes. 

44 minutes ago, Iridil said:

Wonderful terrain! You've painted this up in a way that works with the printer lines - excellent!

Thanks Iridil. That means a lot as I am attempting to learn how to work the essence of the prints into the finish.  I would classify Kiernan’s designs to be semi-simplistic were as those that have been designing for a longer time seem to have more experience hiding the printers eccentricities into the design. But these work great for tabketop terrain and I suspect it is what keeps the file cost down....that and he seems to be having fun designing these things. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, TGP said:

Thinking about it, I believe several Asian countries use expose exterior beams. They tend to be a more elaborate design. So even though I hadn’t seen any in western countries, it is believable enough to fit the “rule of cool”. :blues:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Nice terrain, makes me want to bring out the catapults!

Or one year olds. She seems more destructive than a catapult! LOL :lol:

You can see a couple of the pieces in that photo, but I have several damaged sections printed to represent catapult damage. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.