Sign in to follow this  
blargney

Party of five for Tomb of Annihilation

Conversion notes, L to R:

Elf ranger/cleric.  The original pose is this weird backwards arching stance, so I tilted him into an action pose and repositioned his left leg for running.  The character has an intelligent magic lantern that casts mage hand, so I stole the hand and lamp from a gravedigger and pinned it to his hip.

Aarakokra druid.  The figure was a DDM draconian and I whittled it into an avian.  The wings and tail were pretty straightforward, but the face was surprisingly complicated.  The tree is an actual stick that's been primed and completely repainted.  Fun fact: the wing pattern is that of a peregrine falcon.

Elf arcane trickster.  She sneaks rather a lot, so she has a magnet in her base to attach the three cover pieces I made for her.  The stalagmite as shown, a tree trunk, and a stack of crates and sacks, each with a magnet on the bottom.

Elf druid.  Her right hand had a sword that I carved down to a baton, then glued the remnant of an oversized cloak from another mini to make the map scroll.  She's standing on a stack of two slices of 5mm corkboard 'rocks'.

Human tempest cleric.  I removed the longsword he came with, hollowed out his grip, and inserted the entire hammer, shaft and all, from another figure.  He's a giant sports nerd about murderball, so I took the head of a bugbear's morningstar and put it on the sportsing pitch beside him.

• Like 11

What great conversions! The most impressive is whittling the avian, but my favorite is the elf arcane trickerster!

• Like 1

Good work on all, I like the bases as well!

The Avian is my favorite!

Great work on all the figures. Too bad they're all going to die...