Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Dance of Death Paint Schemes

1 hour ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I think I'm gonna go with gem color scheme:
- Garnet (my birthstone)
- Sapphire (Mr. Mouse's birthstone)

It'll be interesting to see if I can make their scales look like they've been cut from gems.

I'd be more than happy to provide you with reference pictures. If I don't have the stones myself I can pester people. Pretty sure I can ask the museum below my office to let me rummage through the collection for stuff to take pictures. And I can pester my groupmates (one just finished his PhD on sapphire and spinel). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello all! 

My DoD came in the mail yesterday! (Squee!) Managed to snag one from reaper since I didn't add it to KS... chose argent instead... anywho. 

I assembled (only dry fit) just for giggles even though I won't have time for more with con coming up soon! 

My thoughts are blue for the top one and a metallic (specific undecided) for the bottom one. But that might change. Especially after seeing others ideas. 

The mating ritual idea brings ideas too. So I suddenly finding myself wanting another DoD or two. 

Cheers all! 

-Z 

20190808_121528.jpg

20190808_121519.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/27/2019 at 9:51 PM, Talae said:

Alright everyone, what are people thinking for their paint schemes for Dance of Death?

I'll go first:

Personally, I am thinking of drawing inspiration from two of the Progenitor Wyrms in Eberron.  Basically a gold or some kind of light dragon of the stars vs a dark purple shadowy dragon of the deep. 

These two are sometimes referred to as the Dragon Above and the Dragon Below (while Eberron is the Dragon Between - the one that most everyone lives on). 

01cce64e54d7fce8df8bbe56a9c536ff.thumb.jpg.e505f849b7c0e5acd18ebda93efa20d3.jpg

I like this color scheme. White and gold, with some black and purple-grey-brown in there. 

Have no idea what I'll be doing with mine yet.  It's still in the bag. 

• Like 3

I would go with some kind of complementary color scheme, picking colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel for added "pop!"  Blue and orange, yellow and purple, or red and green.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 5:27 PM, Sylverthorne said:

I was actually going for the courtship ritual variant. Haven't decided on colours, though. 

Having just finished reading the rain wilds books, one of mine will probably be blue/silver with eyespots on the wings, lol

the one Larry Elmore did for dragon lance was blue versus red (or maybe a white with blue shading).  These two seem to match that image.

image.thumb.png.11911aaa6c97969c3e994b3468262df1.png

Edited by robinh
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 4:24 PM, robinh said:

the one Larry Elmore did for dragon lance was blue versus red (or maybe a white with blue shading).  These two seem to match that image.

image.thumb.png.11911aaa6c97969c3e994b3468262df1.png

Being that it's Dragonlance I think the one on the left is supposed to be 'silver', but this is still a cool picture.

• Like 2