aku-chan

Leather Queen Pin-up

kPiSlSU.jpgX4Ns1Gz.jpg

Presenting the Leather Queen, a Pin-up version of the Leather Armoured Survivors from Kingdom Death, hopefully she's wearing just enough to not need a nudity link.

I'm pretty out of practice painting Pin-ups so she's a little rough around the edges, and I never could figure out a way to make her hair look like hair, but at least it's another one finally finished.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.

• Like 22

Well painted!

I like the way you did her skin, also a very nice base!

• Thanks 1

She is LOVELY in her own kinky way, AND BEAUTIFULLY painted. VERY WELL DONE as always!

• Thanks 1

As always, I admire your skin painting and the smoothness of your colors.

Looks like she's already prepared to brexit, isn't she? (Which once again reminds me of my early military days ... light infantry is anything ... but light)

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Thanks 1

That hair is bizarre. Gives a new, expanded, meaning to the phrase ‘Big Hair’. The skin tones are superb

:winkthumbs:

• Thanks 1

For hair you could desaturate the colours a little 

AND/OR

Paint some deeper shadows

AND/OR

You could also make more thin lines going in the direction of the hair flow (I would do it with a dark  to black brown)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DragonWyrm said:

For hair you could desaturate the colours a little 

AND/OR

Paint some deeper shadows

AND/OR

You could also make more thin lines going in the direction of the hair flow (I would do it with a dark  to black brown)

Thanks for the advice!

I did try option 3 when I was highlighting her hair, but it looked weird so I painted over it, I don't think I got the lines thin enough.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pochi
      The second gnoll I painted with inspiration from the gnolls of World of Warcraft. This is the Bones Toghra.

• By aku-chan
      "During the opening stages of the Great War, it was quickly discovered that the human mind was too fragile for soldiers to spend any time in areas that had been heavily corrupted by Void Space.
      One of the solutions to this problem was to lift the restrictions on deploying Automaton Troopers to the front-lines. Drawing power from naturally occurring energy fields and equipped with self repair and competent AI systems, they could theoretically operate indefinitely without contact with their human creators.
      However, despite being deployed in large numbers, in the end they did little to halt the advance of the Void.

Centuries later, many can still be found and most pose a threat to the humans they once served.
      This particular model, now known as a Flower Knight due to the flora it spontaneously generates around itself, is not openly hostile to anyone it comes across but will not tolerate any damage to the gardens they both create and guard."

Presenting the Flower Knight from Kingdom Death.

This is another one from the Cupboard of Unfinished ThingsTM that's been waiting for me to bring it back to the table for a final painting session or two. It's not a patch on the many, many other Flower Knights out there on the Inter-webs, but I'm really pleased with it.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting The Fighter (Echoes of Death version), she's a Kingdom Death: Monster re-imagining of their existing The Fighter mini, who, in turn, was Kingdom Deaths take on a generic fighter class character.

Quite pleased with this one. She took a while as I kept finding bits I'd missed hiding under her hair, and I rushed her shield in the end (it needs at least one more highlight, but my hands have been really shaky recently and I didn't want to mess it up) so I may put a bit more work in at a later date.

• By aku-chan
      https://imgur.com/W2NvtQC
      https://imgur.com/CoB0ov8
      https://imgur.com/VPqucvu
      https://imgur.com/LLnJilq

'In the far west of the Borderlands, there is a land that spends a quarter of every year in darkness, the only light coming from the great gatherings of Sunstalkers that cover the plains.
      The locals tell a tale, about how the Sunstalkers, being the children of Night, aid her in her endless battle against Day by trying to eat the Sun. Whenever the Sun reaches the horizon the Sunstalkers gather, only to be held at bay by a mysterious person known as The Dawn Maiden.
      However, the constant battling eventually tries her out and inevitably she must leave the Sun unguarded, at which point it is devoured.
      In the end, her strength replenished, The Dawn Maiden returns and hunts down every Sunstalker, the indigestible fragments of Sun causing them to glow in the darkness. She cuts open their bloated bellies, reassembles the Sun piece by piece and releases it back into the sky to restart the cycle.'

Presenting the Sunstalker, a monster from the game Kingdom Death: Monster.

I don't really have the patience (or big enough brushes) for larger minis like this, so kept it super simple with lots of drybrushing. Despite that, I think it looks pretty good, so I'm happy.

• By odinsgrandson
      I really love it anytime I get to paint those beautiful miniatures from Kingdom Death: Monster.
      The Kingsman was no exception. While is pose is stoic rather than dynamic, the details on the armor just sang out.
      My client wanted to make sure that he wasn’t too dark (with Kingdom Death miniatures, it is pretty easy to just use a lot of dark colors) so I made sure the accenting reds were bright enough to compensate, while still getting darker towards his feet.

• Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 65 Guests (See full list)