Sign in to follow this  
haldir

swirling coin monster (large size)???

Anything out there that might resemble a swirling or mass of animated coins? 5e Large based creature size.

thanks 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, haldir said:

Anything out there that might resemble a swirling or mass of animated coins? 5e Large based creature size.

thanks 

Maybe an air elemental with circular glitter glued on? (I know there are round bits of glitter - but you may need to dull it down with paint to look right.)

I might start with the Bones Large Air Elemental -

77584_w_2.jpg

The Auld Grump

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Maybe an air elemental with circular glitter glued on? (I know there are round bits of glitter - but you may need to dull it down with paint to look right.)

I might start with the Bones Large Air Elemental -

77584_w_2.jpg

The Auld Grump

I like that. Some reason I had the style of the figure in my head & it was this exact shape, just spaced off this mini. Sad part is I have 2 of those so easily can make one into a Goldbeast (trap golem/creature inside a tomb).

I just need to get some glitter.

15 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

I thought the Hoard Golem was a size huge creature.

For my purpose it needs to be large. This creature is out of Winghorn Press' adventure "From Ancient Grudge". 

for those that might play it, don't read!!:

Spoiler
Spoiler

The beast lies in a tomb. A regular corpse lays on top of the pile. For all purpose it appears to be a normal mound of 200 to 300 gold coins. When the player(s) reach in it rises & attacks as a large swirling mass of coins.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, haldir said:

I like that. Some reason I had the style of the figure in my head & it was this exact shape, just spaced off this mini. Sad part is I have 2 of those so easily can make one into a Goldbeast (trap golem/creature inside a tomb).

I just need to get some glitter.

For my purpose it needs to be large. This creature is out of Winghorn Press' adventure "From Ancient Grudge". 

for those that might play it, don't read!!:

Hide contents
  Hide contents

The beast lies in a tomb. A regular corpse lays on top of the pile. For all purpose it appears to be a normal mound of 200 to 300 gold coins. When the player(s) reach in it rises & attacks as a large swirling mass of coins.

Let me be of service!

Spoiler

a36f8c863a961043aaff5f73f91873a1.jpg.17d7c65dffaa8e6cdd75c0f00fd2c4ad.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3mm gold sequins? but then you'd have to explain the holes in the coins ... not that I am against glitter in any way :) I love it.

Just fell down a rabbit hole looking at stuff on the interwebz...there is a lot more variety of glitter out there than I originally thought, I may have to visit a nail art place in the near future ::D:

Update: I just bought glitter, in silver and gold. 

Edited by Sibling
Progress Update
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sibling said:

3mm gold sequins? but then you'd have to explain the holes in the coins ... not that I am against glitter in any way :) I love it.

Just fell down a rabbit hole looking at stuff on the interwebz...there is a lot more variety of glitter out there than I originally thought, I may have to visit a nail art place in the near future ::D:

Update: I just bought glitter, in silver and gold. 

If you aren’t in a rush I find perusing Wish for nail art supplies is a super cheap way to do it- lots of gems and things that could be useful for minis for “just pay shipping” and while you’ve already got glitter, and shipping glitter is a nightmare waiting to happen- I’m sure they do that too. Actually I don’t think I’ve ever looked for craft supplies on there... I may remedy that now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, haldir said:

Yes, shocking I don't own glitter!!!:lol:

You know, I have some glitter Glue in several colours.

Gold and Silver are two of those.

I bought them in a craft store.

Maybe you could find that and cover the Elemental in that?

Prime with a dark gold or brown first.

Try it out on a small spot if it works for you.

Then spray seal with a gloss?

image.png.8d3cd14973796533430bf7ae5b9c6f66.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4

I figured Opulence from the new Warcraft raid was why everyone was suddenly making Coin/Treasure Golems:

Image result for battle of dazar'alor bosses

Echoing the earlier ideas, there's been a lot on the FB Tabletop crafting pages I follow of using a standard piece/elemental and blinging them up with gold glitter and craft gems.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

I figured Opulence from the new Warcraft raid was why everyone was suddenly making Coin/Treasure Golems:

Image result for battle of dazar'alor bosses

Echoing the earlier ideas, there's been a lot on the FB Tabletop crafting pages I follow of using a standard piece/elemental and blinging them up with gold glitter and craft gems.

300 Gold  Coins becomes a size what [?!] creature?

Did they make gold less dense in 5e or something?  Are Gold Pieces enormous?

Pretend a gp is is as big as a Euro coin. Ten of them is about 40mm tall. One stack of 30 coins is 120mm tall. Ten such stacks is 300 coins. That will fit one tiny corner of your painting area and is less footprint than a laptop. 

The thing in the picture would be at least 30,000 coins. :upside:

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

Pretend a gp is is as big as a Euro coin. Ten of them is about 40mm tall. One stack of 30 coins is 120mm tall. Ten such stacks is 300 coins. That will fit one tiny corner of your painting area and is less footprint than a laptop. 

In PF/3.5E, 300 GP would be 6 lbs. or about 1/6 of a liter if melted down. Historically, US $1 gold coins were about 8 grams., so 300 would be right about half a pound.

Probably best considered a Tiny creature.

But RPGs have always done really poor jobs of figuring out coins.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, TGP said:

There is one mighty warrior who can defeat such a thing with ease!

Spoiler

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor greedy uncle scrooge

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

There is one mighty warrior who can defeat such a thing with ease!

Hide contents

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor greedy uncle scrooge

So Scrooge has a burrowing speed.......

If I have time today, I'm gonna attempt my Goldbeast. I didn't get the glitter glue, just a shaker of it. I should sketch something first before glitter happens thou.

• Like 3