Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Finally the weekend! What a wait it felt like to get here.
With it being the Easter weekend, I figured it'd be fitting to do some bunnies. I had hoped to make these for a family member and ship them out, but that didn't pan out. However, getting them painted is still better than not.
* The butterscotch coloring I saw on some rabbits on Whidbey Island, I couldn't help but use as inspiration. Matching them to how they came out, I'd say was better than I expected.
* Using very, very simple colors and just pushing the colors up with mixing them worked great!
* Making the details come out more by using very faint streaks of diluted paint worked great to give the impression of individual hairs sticking through. I think this will be used in other models I do as well.
* Eyes have a nice pop to them, but was thinking some more color would be good.
* I was thinking of putting some wash in there to bring forward the creases, but I didn't want to lose that fun color. Any suggestions?
* The eyes have a strangeness to them by highlighting the eye lids. Would you all suggest doing dark instead of light around the eyes?
* Speaking of eyes I wasn't sure if putting a spot of white in there was good or not, so I held off.
Pretty happy with how this little bunny came out.
I finished a number of random miniatures up this past week or so and thought I'd throw them on here as a batch of bad guys.
First up is this killer rabbit from Skull and Crown. This is from their recent kickstarter for bunnies from the margins of medieval manuscripts. This is the 3rd one of these I've painted and I'm still trying to find a scheme I like. But that's ok because I went in for a rather large group of these guys so I'm sure I'll come up with something good before I run out of them.
Next up are an Oldhammer goblin from Impact and a barrel mimic from Wizkids. Don't know why, but they seemed like they'd enjoy one another's company while I was painting them up.
And finally, here's one of the ogres from bones 3 (77455). My group has already run into a pack of ogres from that kickstarter and narrowly survived. What they don't know is I have a second set. So next time they run into a pack of ogres it will be twice as big. I'm certain they will appreciate that.
I also finished the green head on a certain 5 headed dragon. But that's still a long way from being complete.
Here's a group portrait of some random minis I painted over February. The happy, green fellow in the middle is from Impact Miniatures recast of Oldhammer goblins. He is flanked by a couple of killer rabbits from a recently fulfilled kickstarter by Skull and Crown. The paint jobs don't do these a bit of justice. They are great and I'm likely to give them a repaint some time in the future. And up front are some Dark Hold kobolds from Rebel Miniatures. I absolutely love the scale of these little guys.
Anyhow, that's it for the January/February RPChallenge for me. I enjoyed sharing a bunch of minis which otherwise may have went into storage without ever being seen by anyone but me.