Xiwo Xerase

77057: Juliette, Female Sorceress

Nicely done. I think you defined and shaded her well. I like her face.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great work. I think that especially the nose provides her with enormous character.

I am not so happy with the hands, though.

No idea if it's my screen or the wonderful light that fills my room, but from my POV, there's absolutely no definition to the fingers, which makes her look like she grabbed into a storage tank for highly aggressive chemistry.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Inarah said:

Nicely done. I think you defined and shaded her well. I like her face.  

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Very good!

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Redd Knekk said:

Those eyes are great! Need some less grainy pics though :)

Thanks!  And, oof, I didn't notice that.  This is what I get for taking pictures early in the morning with the sun shining directly on my backdrop.  I'll try to take new pictures tonight or tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Great work. I think that especially the nose provides her with enormous character.

I am not so happy with the hands, though.

No idea if it's my screen or the wonderful light that fills my room, but from my POV, there's absolutely no definition to the fingers, which makes her look like she grabbed into a storage tank for highly aggressive chemistry.

Thanks!  And, yeah, I see what you mean about her fingers.  (If it helps any, most of the fingers on her left hand are bent at the first knuckle.)  I didn't think lining them looked right but maybe that's because the liner got applied too heavily.  There should be a thin dark shadow between them.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Thanks!  And, yeah, I see what you mean about her fingers.  (If it helps any, most of the fingers on her left hand are bent at the first knuckle.)  I didn't think lining them looked right but maybe that's because the liner got applied too heavily.  There should be a thin dark shadow between them.

Well, you have to like it. I am just telling you want I see and what I feel.

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2019 at 10:53 AM, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Well, you have to like it. I am just telling you want I see and what I feel.

I'm a little confused by your response, which probably means I wasn't clear in what I said.  I agree with you that her hands need work and that there should be more definition between her fingers.

On 3/30/2019 at 6:40 PM, Rigel said:

Really lovely shading and blending on her dress!

Thanks!

On 3/30/2019 at 1:59 AM, Redd Knekk said:

Need some less grainy pics though :)

Are these better?

1704266131_2019033177057OffsetHalf.jpg.9114f35879043ce4134a81bf4b6a0aeb.jpg1828707159_2019033177057FrontHalf.jpg.fa178ffed6423ec8d95f8099b1f2b4ad.jpg96177754_2019033177057LeftHalf.jpg.bf6061bff8ff1d0988587e9e0c512a7e.jpg1196723732_2019033177057BackHalf.jpg.574823585c4df7d33c55b630aa40b0f9.jpg553985573_2019033177057RightHalf.jpg.720bc8e946611519802007d8599c6679.jpg

(click on the pictures for larger versions)

• Like 7

I really like the work you did on the dress.  the shadows define shape with excellence!

I also really like the hair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think this must be one of the original Bones Juliettes with the blobby hand. So far as I know Reaper had them recut the mold so newer Bones figures of Juliette have more defined fingers. But some of the original Bones I figures are still floating around.

Her eyes are very fine indeed. The colrs are nicely harmonious.

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2019 at 11:20 AM, Iridil said:

I like the orangey red with the brown and her face is very nice.

On 4/1/2019 at 12:19 PM, Othikent said:

Fantastic work here! 

On 4/1/2019 at 7:51 PM, Warlady said:

Lovely job, especially her face and her beautiful orange dress.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:13 PM, Kangaroorex said:

I really like the work you did on the dress.  the shadows define shape with excellence!

I also really like the hair

Thanks!

On 4/2/2019 at 9:47 PM, Pingo said:

I think this must be one of the original Bones Juliettes with the blobby hand. So far as I know Reaper had them recut the mold so newer Bones figures of Juliette have more defined fingers. But some of the original Bones I figures are still floating around.

Her eyes are very fine indeed. The colrs are nicely harmonious.

Thanks!

The poor appearance of her hands may be a painting problem rather than a mini problem.  She came out of the 2018 Reaper Christmas stocking.  I don't know if she was old stock they were trying to purge or if she's a product of the new mold and the old one was worse.  (There are other issues with the mold too, like her right foot and left leg, so I hope there's a better mold out there.)