Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This is a bust from El Greco: Deus Vult / Militi Christi.
I painted him as a Knight Hospitaller.
Learned a lot on the way.
There are a few white specks in the pics, I was taking them outside and this is actually not there.
Also there is more depth than the pics show, some shadows are washed out by the camera.
WIP here: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85635-deus-vult-militi-christi-bust-by-glitterwolf/
This one is going to be shipped off as a present to a certain person.
It will be a surprise and I wonder how it will be received.
Here he is.
The rest of my Kickstarter for AEG's Thunderstone Quest came in. This was for an expansion that changed the player count from 2-4 to 1-6 as well as adding a cooperative mode. I'm not sure I'd want to play this game at 6 players unless it is cooperative because there is a lot of downtime when its not your turn. In cooperative mode, it seems that everyone goes at the same time, so that probably reduces down time.
I didn't realize it at the time, but the expansion ALSO comes with two minis (6 were included in the base game so it wasn't strictly necessary). I also didn't realize that the monk had a mark on her forehead that I THINK is intentional (these aren't the best minis, as you can see from the crease down her back). I would have painted her a lighter skin tone so the mark would stand out better if I realized that earlier. I chose green for her since a nice yellow/orange color was already taken by one of the other minis I painted for this game and I wanted unique player colors. Likewise, I chose white for the crusader because all the good colors were taken and I could see him as a paladin type.
Hopefully I don't get any more minis for this game because I'm running out of unique player colors.
By Paradoxical Mouse
So, I'm back. And I decided I needed to paint lots of skin. Recently watched the painting DVDs from Dark Sword, specifically the Marike ones. So I'm going to be trying to practice glazing.
Note: I know this bust won't be perfect. But this is me attempting to improve, so all advice and comments are appreciated!
Moving on, here is the bust in question, the beautiful maiden bust from Reapercon 2018.
And here is my progress this far:
So, I wanted to post this because it is relevant to the blending I'm doing. This is from the class I took from @Corporea last reapercon, with some blending with glazes attempted.
I hadn't got this right at the con, and would love for that progress to be checked on here! I'm going for high contrast, but not as high as here, so I thought this would be a better way to get some judgement on blending.
I seem to be losing a lot of contrast in the process, and would like some advice on what I might be doing wrong.
Who's Online 34 Members, 5 Anonymous, 162 Guests (See full list)
- Chris Palmer
- Froggy the Great
- Colonel Kane