Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 8 picture/chatter thread

Just as an FY to @Chris Palmer @HolkDiggity & @SamuraiJack I'll be out of the country for three weeks starting June 18th, so hopefully the box makes it to me before that, otherwise it'll have at least a three week delay before it moves on.  I know that's more than a month away, but in my mind it's next week!  ::P: Anyway, just figures you should know.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, AHY79 said:

Since this is my first time, the journal is to keep record of what's been in the box? 

Generic Fighter covered this one, but yes. It's used to write down what you took out of/put into the box.

7 hours ago, synistar said:

Cool. I am collecting a set of things for the box. Have plenty of different items. Resin ok? Potentially including some lead too. How should lead minis be labeled?

Resin and lead are both fine.

Keep the lead separate, and label the bag it's in as 'lead' so people can avoid it if they want to.

1 hour ago, Mckenna35 said:

Just as an FY to @Chris Palmer @HolkDiggity & @SamuraiJack I'll be out of the country for three weeks starting June 18th, so hopefully the box makes it to me before that, otherwise it'll have at least a three week delay before it moves on.  I know that's more than a month away, but in my mind it's next week!  ::P: Anyway, just figures you should know.

If there aren't any major objections, I can either bump you up in the order, or move you back a little to ensure you and the box are in the same place at the same time. Let me know what people want to do.

ETA-----let's see those loot pictures, people!!!

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:
2 hours ago, Mckenna35 said:

If there aren't any major objections, I can either bump you up in the order, or move you back a little to ensure you and the box are in the same place at the same time. Let me know what people want to do.

Well, it's 5 weeks away.  Assuming the box arrives in a timely fashion this week, I plan to mail the box back out on Monday the 13th.  Which still leaves about 2 weeks each for HolkDiggity and Samuraijack, and a week for Mckenna.  It should be doable, unless one of the others foresees a delay during their leg of the journey.

• Like 4

It will take me one day to pick out and replace what I want, and then send it back off. I'm sure we can have it to you before you leave in June.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On no! I just found more naked metal to throw in the box and it is already fit to burst. 

I keep thinking of the Monty Python wafer thin scene when I look at the box.

Awwww, just one more tiny model...you can do it.

Edited by Mutilatedlips
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Oh hey, the rat13 box is a large Priority Mail box, not a medium one.

The flat rate postage is rather higher. 

I think, if I remove things from their blister packs and bag them instead, I might be able to get everything into a medium box - it would definitely be one of those tightly packed ones, tho.

Would people in our group be okay with me making the attempt (if I can’t manage I’ll send the bigger box along) or should I just send the box along as is?

@TaleSpinner

@Morihalda

@Disserrma

@Marineal

@Rat13

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I think, if I remove things from their blister packs and bag them instead, I might be able to get everything into a medium box.

I'm not in your circuit, but this is exactly what I did to get everything in a Medium flat-rate box.  Ship the models, not air.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Pingo said:

@TaleSpinner

@Morihalda

@Disserrma

@Marineal

@Rat13

I was under the impression a large box was the standard size for this exchange. I'm sorry for this mistake but the rules didn't specify a size, just to make use of a flat rate box; the previous round I was in was my first and I'm pretty sure we were using a large, so that's what I got to start my box. Again I'm sorry for shipping out the wrong size.

Breaking things down and getting into a medium box sounds fine to me, especially given I used the wrong size to start it. I only left a few things in their original packaging because I had the room.

Even after breaking down the bigger items I think you'll have a time trying to get everything in a medium box. If that's the way you ho though I wish you luck because I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Pingo said:

I think, if I remove things from their blister packs and bag them instead, I might be able to get everything into a medium box - it would definitely be one of those tightly packed ones, tho.

Would people in our group be okay with me making the attempt (if I can’t manage I’ll send the bigger box along) or should I just send the box along as is?

@TaleSpinner

@Morihalda

@Disserrma

@Marineal

@Rat13

I'm fine with whatever. Just can't wait to get my hands on it! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rat13 said:

I was under the impression a large box was the standard size for this exchange. I'm sorry for this mistake but the rules didn't specify a size, just to make use of a flat rate box; the previous round I was in was my first and I'm pretty sure we were using a large, so that's what I got to start my box. Again I'm sorry for shipping out the wrong size.

No biggie. I think the size requirement may have gotten obscured, and I’m not sure it still holds. And to be fair, receiving a bigger box is fun!

6 hours ago, Rat13 said:

Breaking things down and getting into a medium box sounds fine to me, especially given I used the wrong size to start it. I only left a few things in their original packaging because I had the room.

Even after breaking down the bigger items I think you'll have a time trying to get everything in a medium box. If that's the way you ho though I wish you luck because I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it.

I’m not entirely sure I can, but I’m willing to have a go. I’m pretty sure I have a spare medium box in my studio so I can at least see if it’s in the region of geometrically possible. One way or the other, I should be sending it out today.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Pingo said:

@TaleSpinner

@Morihalda

@Disserrma

@Marineal

@Rat13

Large box is fine by me.  Whatever the rest want though.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Large box is fine by me.  Whatever the rest want though.

I’ll admit that I am guilty of adding some fully packaged items to the box. @Pingo, please feel free to break those down. I just  wanted them to be identifiable.

I didn’t notice the box size until a postal worker presented me with a bill.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 4

Turns out what I had in the studio was a small box anyway, so I’m  just popping in to check addresses and packing up the large box to send on.

• Like 9

The rat13 Box O Goodwill has been despatched TaleSpinner's way.

• Like 9

I think that box should be switched back to a medium box at earliest convenience, tbh. It currently costs something like $14.35 to ship the medium box, which is already $2 more than it was on the last round. The large box costs $20ish to ship. That's not a huge difference, but significant enough that you could cause someone to have to drop out from participating. All of the boxes have been medium boxes for some time, I think that's what they should stay. If there's too much stuff to fit into a medium box, then the person downsizing the box has reason to take out extra stuff to make it work.

I think that's a better idea than forcing someone to either suck up the extra unexpected cost or have to be embarrassed to say that they can't afford it.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1