Jump to content

Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 8 picture/chatter thread

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Pix!

 

I took:

DSC_1315.jpg.cdc5c588883b28a9780f98ac60b2a864.jpg

 

Darksword Minis Stephanie Law Kickstarter Pack A and Pack E

A "Walking Dead" Michonne figure of plastic pegged together, about 35-40mm tall.

A few bitz of plastic arms and a skeleton torso holding a spear

5 Heroclix superhero figures

11 fantasy prepainted figures of werewolves, tree guys, and some sorts of four-armed blue guys

A sort of steampunk red robot Heroclix prepaint thingie

A Games Workshop chaos dude, assembled and partly painted

 

Have fun downstream ...

 

Cool stuff!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AutumnHare said:

So I added more replacement bones to top off the box and sealed it up quick before the <redacted> could wiggle out as well. 

  

 

That's what I like to hear!!! :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh, I thought those were still some of the Mage Knight  minis I put in a few boxes back, as the rebased ones are the same, but it doesn't look like the same set I put in.  Funny coincidence!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pingo said:

I took:

DSC_1315.jpg.cdc5c588883b28a9780f98ac60b2a864.jpg

I'm glad to see someone taking some Mage Knight and Heroclix figures, I debated whether to put them in or not.

 

I figured Michone wouldn't last for long in there, I just couldn't leave her hidden in my desk any longer.

 

As for the partially painted GW Sigmarite, that's from back when I took a few painting lessons at my local GW store. The lesson on that particular miniature was on cloth; you'll have to decide for yourself if it was a success or failure. 

 

38 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

Huh, I thought those were still some of the Mage Knight  minis I put in a few boxes back, as the rebased ones are the same, but it doesn't look like the same set I put in.  Funny coincidence!

It is pretty funny, this box was almost entirely comprised of abandoned projects. When I needed enemies for D&D I rebased a lot of Mage Knight and Heroclix minis but I still had a tenon their original clix bases. This of course that was back when I had time to DM. For the record Doombots and Ironman figures make great living armor or heavily armored knights.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rat13 said:

I'm glad to see someone taking some Mage Knight and Heroclix figures, I debated whether to put them in or not.

 

I figured Michone wouldn't last for long in there, I just couldn't leave her hidden in my desk any longer.

 

As for the partially painted GW Sigmarite, that's from back when I took a few painting lessons at my local GW store. The lesson on that particular miniature was on cloth; you'll have to decide for yourself if it was a success or failure. 

 

It is pretty funny, this box was almost entirely comprised of abandoned projects. When I needed enemies for D&D I rebased a lot of Mage Knight and Heroclix minis but I still had a tenon their original clix bases. This of course that was back when I had time to DM. For the record Doombots and Ironman figures make great living armor or heavily armored knights.

 

The prepaints served another useful purpose.

 

Many of you know I’m starting to make videos about matters of art (see my signature). I have some planned about painting minis, and I was in a dilemma about “good bad examples,” as I didn’t want to single anyone out by using theirs, but having some “how not to do it” figures could be illuminating.

 

Up close the paint jobs on a lot of prepaints are, to put it mildly, suboptimal. They are, for my purposes, perfect.

 

 

  • Like 15
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 4:01 PM, Morihalda said:

I could make it fit in a medium box, and then take what didn't fit to ReaperCon. I'm usually sitting a table throwing extra paint and minis at people anyways, so this just gives me more ammunit- I mean donation goodies. ::):

We are NOT going to allow you to have a wrist rocket!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've made my selection from the Guindyloo box!  There was so much goodness in there it was hard to decide on what to keep and not take almost all of it! :lol:

 

First column: 5 of the Bones 4 Dark Dwarves (Only 4 shown because one wandered off while I was taking the photo)

Second Column: A set of card suit decals, and 4 of the Bones 4 Black Bear Cavemen figures.

Top right: a bag of 4 GW light cavalry horses, and two loose GW caparisoned horses

Middle right: a baggie with a 3D printed sci-fi forklift

Lower right:  a baggie with metal wagon parts: an assortment of wheels, springs, other harness bits, and a single wagon bed.  I'm hoping to cobble together one usable wagon.

Not shown:  after I took the photograph, I decided on keeping a 25mm WWII German machine gun team as well.

fullsizeoutput_4826.jpeg

 

I'm going to hold onto the box until Saturday when a couple of the guys, including @Rob Dean will be coming over to take a peek at the goodies, then I will make sure it's restuffed to bursting, possibly using a new box since this one's seen better days,  and send it off to @HolkDiggity on Monday the 13th.

 

 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

I've made my selection from the Guindyloo box!  There was so much goodness in there it was hard to decide on what to keep and not take almost all of it! :lol:

 

First column: 5 of the Bones 4 Dark Dwarves (Only 4 shown because one wandered off while I was taking the photo)

Second Column: A set of card suit decals, and 4 of the Bones 4 Black Bear Cavemen figures.

Top right: a bag of 4 GW light cavalry horses, and two loose GW caparisoned horses

Middle right: a baggie with a 3D printed sci-fi forklift

Lower right:  a baggie with metal wagon parts: an assortment of wheels, springs, other harness bits, and a single wagon bed.  I'm hoping to cobble together one usable wagon.

Not shown:  after I took the photograph, I decided on keeping a 25mm WWII German machine gun team as well.

fullsizeoutput_4826.jpeg

 

I'm going to hold onto the box until Saturday when a couple of the guys, including @Rob Dean will be coming over to take a peek at the goodies, then I will make sure it's restuffed to bursting, possibly using a new box since this one's seen better days,  and send it off to @HolkDiggity on Monday the 13th.

 

 

 

A cart is always interesting, at the least it can be abandoned/wrecked terrain.

Good looting!

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, HolkDiggity said:

Oh good! I've got my Bones 4 box arriving tomorrow, and then a BOGW showing up next week!

 

That's great!  I don't feel so bad abut waiting until Monday to ship then;  you'll be well distracted the next several days with all the new plastic goodness about to enter your life tomorrow!  :lol:  Enjoy the experience!

 

 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rob dean box is here at @Ratmaster2000, unfortunately, I work tonight, so I will not start to rummage through till after 10PM tonight:) Here's how she looked when she arrived (all 9lb 10.8oz of her):

1551553516_BoGWbox.thumb.jpg.09a1cb006ce4f6929b68f1cb51645dde.jpg

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I think I am pretty much done rummaging through, so here's a picture of what I gave a good home to::)::

2101776782_BoGWpicks1.thumb.jpg.85722f7929a4567b0bacd331460768b6.jpg

The picture had some glare on the one 12 days package, so I took it again at a different angle (then cropped some at the corners, grr)

633954002_BoGWpicks2.thumb.jpg.487486aefca298b1eafa8da7c146c8bb.jpg

Pretty Much all Bones (except for the small familiars, dungeon dweller vampiress and wizard and the Christmas mouslings), a few bases and the Marvel handful of heroes Thing. That Thing figure was actually the first thing I snagged, always loved that character! Really liked the bones 4 stuff that was in here, especially the penguins and Bed Mockingbeast. I was also able to get a few bones figures I had been wanting to get, so very happy I found them (I actually traded a Foo Dog in last years BoGW, THEN my mom tells me my sister's husband wanted one haha, go figure). If anyone wants to know what something specific was, let me know. So along with a bit of Bones 4 mini's, such as <redacted> and the very cool <redacted>, I also dropped in a few bases that were treated to Happy seppuku stamping, as well as some basing material and other helpful things, I hope they find a use with those down the line:) @Marc I'll just say, you will be very happy with the NON-metal items (mini's) inside:)

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

 

2101776782_BoGWpicks1.thumb.jpg.85722f7929a4567b0bacd331460768b6.jpg

Nice assortment of picks. I think you'll love painting Action Jackson (fellow with afro and revolver), it was one of the first minis I ever painted and I constantly find myself thinking about painting another one. It's definitely one of my favorite miniatures. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Pretty Much all Bones 

@Marc I'll just say, you will be very happy with the NON-metal items (mini's) inside :)

 

Woo hoo! Music to my ears! :)

If the box gets to me filled with nothing but Bones minis, I would not complain one tiny bit  :winkthumbs:

Edited by Marc
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rat13 said:

Nice assortment of picks. I think you'll love painting Action Jackson (fellow with afro and revolver), it was one of the first minis I ever painted and I constantly find myself thinking about painting another one. It's definitely one of my favorite miniatures. 

I actually have the square tiles base stamp from happy seppuku for just this situation :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×