Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 8 picture/chatter thread

On 5/8/2019 at 11:12 AM, Chris Palmer said:

I've made my selection from the Guindyloo box!  There was so much goodness in there it was hard to decide on what to keep and not take almost all of it! :lol:

First column: 5 of the Bones 4 Dark Dwarves (Only 4 shown because one wandered off while I was taking the photo)

Second Column: A set of card suit decals, and 4 of the Bones 4 Black Bear Cavemen figures.

Top right: a bag of 4 GW light cavalry horses, and two loose GW caparisoned horses

Middle right: a baggie with a 3D printed sci-fi forklift

Lower right:  a baggie with metal wagon parts: an assortment of wheels, springs, other harness bits, and a single wagon bed.  I'm hoping to cobble together one usable wagon.

Not shown:  after I took the photograph, I decided on keeping a 25mm WWII German machine gun team as well.

fullsizeoutput_4826.jpeg

I'm going to hold onto the box until Saturday when a couple of the guys, including @Rob Dean will be coming over to take a peek at the goodies, then I will make sure it's restuffed to bursting, possibly using a new box since this one's seen better days,  and send it off to @HolkDiggity on Monday the 13th.

I almost took that wagon when the box went by me last round.  

If you have questions about assembling the forklift, PM me - I can send you a picture of mine, and point you to the Thingiverse page I got it from for more pics. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kristof65 said:

If you have questions about assembling the forklift, PM me - I can send you a picture of mine, and point you to the Thingiverse page I got it from for more pics. 

Thanks!   I did a dry fit of it before I decided on keeping it and it seemed straightforward.   I will however keep you offer of help in mind if I uncover any unexpected problems. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Okay, I think I am pretty much done rummaging through, so here's a picture of what I gave a good home to::)::

2101776782_BoGWpicks1.thumb.jpg.85722f7929a4567b0bacd331460768b6.jpg

The picture had some glare on the one 12 days package, so I took it again at a different angle (then cropped some at the corners, grr)

633954002_BoGWpicks2.thumb.jpg.487486aefca298b1eafa8da7c146c8bb.jpg

Pretty Much all Bones (except for the small familiars, dungeon dweller vampiress and wizard and the Christmas mouslings), a few bases and the Marvel handful of heroes Thing. That Thing figure was actually the first thing I snagged, always loved that character! Really liked the bones 4 stuff that was in here, especially the penguins and Bed Mockingbeast. I was also able to get a few bones figures I had been wanting to get, so very happy I found them (I actually traded a Foo Dog in last years BoGW, THEN my mom tells me my sister's husband wanted one haha, go figure). If anyone wants to know what something specific was, let me know. So along with a bit of Bones 4 mini's, such as <redacted> and the very cool <redacted>, I also dropped in a few bases that were treated to Happy seppuku stamping, as well as some basing material and other helpful things, I hope they find a use with those down the line:) @Marc I'll just say, you will be very happy with the NON-metal items (mini's) inside:)

Glad to see some of my “cast offs” found a good home with you. And a bunch of others too. ::):

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AutumnHare said:

Glad to see some of my “cast offs” found a good home with you. And a bunch of others too. ::):

That's one of my favorite things about this process. Sometimes I see minis in the pictures and I think "Really? Somebody gave that away? That was my favorite mini in Bones 4!" and other times I think, "You wanted that?" I love that variety. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, AutumnHare said:

I was happy to see "Buzzy" in the mix, I really like that sculpt. The penguins and the mockingbeast were really cool for me when I got my bones 4 stuff, and was happy to get more of them.

22 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

That's one of my favorite things about this process. Sometimes I see minis in the pictures and I think "Really? Somebody gave that away? That was my favorite mini in Bones 4!" and other times I think, "You wanted that?" I love that variety. 

I am sure some of the things I put in people will say "You gave those up?", well yes because while they may have been great sculpts (and they were), I either do not have a need for them, or are something I do not want to paint (or both). For example the <redacted> from core set are not my cup of tea, but I know a lot of people loved them. And the <redacted>, while great sculpts, were something my wife was adamant about NOT wanting in her house. I did hold the female of the group back, as well as the armored member of the group:) Cannot wait to see my stuff go to good homes:)

• Like 5

On 5/8/2019 at 9:12 AM, Chris Palmer said:

I've made my selection from the Guindyloo box!  There was so much goodness in there it was hard to decide on what to keep and not take almost all of it! :lol:

First column: 5 of the Bones 4 Dark Dwarves (Only 4 shown because one wandered off while I was taking the photo)

Second Column: A set of card suit decals, and 4 of the Bones 4 Black Bear Cavemen figures.

Top right: a bag of 4 GW light cavalry horses, and two loose GW caparisoned horses

Middle right: a baggie with a 3D printed sci-fi forklift

Lower right:  a baggie with metal wagon parts: an assortment of wheels, springs, other harness bits, and a single wagon bed.  I'm hoping to cobble together one usable wagon.

Not shown:  after I took the photograph, I decided on keeping a 25mm WWII German machine gun team as well.

fullsizeoutput_4826.jpeg

I'm going to hold onto the box until Saturday when a couple of the guys, including @Rob Dean will be coming over to take a peek at the goodies, then I will make sure it's restuffed to bursting, possibly using a new box since this one's seen better days,  and send it off to @HolkDiggity on Monday the 13th.

The dwarves from Fan favorites were awesome, and the black bear guys remind me of morloks from the time machine movie (the old one, not the newer one), which is how I plan to use them:)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Pineapple said:

Same here.

• Like 7

I had the opportunity to rummage through the Guindyloo box at Chris Palmer’s house this morning. 

3130B551-43C5-41B4-9B0A-14347B094C68.thumb.jpeg.37fc5f156e5d1c3688b47415a8e6f86f.jpeg

Rich pickings, from my point of view; some GW elves and Bretonnians, some Bones, and some unknown women with guns...any ID?

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

I had the opportunity to rummage through the Guindyloo box at Chris Palmer’s house this morning. 

3130B551-43C5-41B4-9B0A-14347B094C68.thumb.jpeg.37fc5f156e5d1c3688b47415a8e6f86f.jpeg

Rich pickings, from my point of view; some GW elves and Bretonnians, some Bones, and some unknown women with guns...any ID?

Copplestone Castings Future Wars "Corporate Babes"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Ratmaster2000 @Rob Dean great haul both!

I also love the diversity of the box.

Most things I throw in aren't because I don't like the sculpt, most of the time they're minis that don't fit into one of my projects.

Sometimes it is something I wanted to paint, but getting realistic about it, knowing I will never get to it because there are so many other minis I like to paint more.

Lately I'm considering my age and the size of my collection, so I'm getting more and more selective.

Which is why I'm only backing 5 Kickstarters at the moment....:ph34r:

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

So I've got Generic Fighter's box all packed and ready to go; just waiting for the recipients mailing address now! I wrote to both yesterday, so now I wait. Shouldn't take long to get to ObiJohn, since the package will be traveling from Dallas to Austin. Yay!

My KS stuff arrived on Thursday, so I did a quick inventory and set a bunch of stuff aside for the box. I forgot to take pics before packing it all up, and I'm not unpacking/packing it a 3rd time. Lol Sorry!

Here's what I took:

Goblins
Kobolds 
Wyvern 
2 nagendra
Metal dwarf brewmaster 
Bones elven blacksmith 

Small bag of flocking/static grass
Bag of Plastic beads

Bag of decapitated old plastic soldiers (? Was super bulky, so had to come out to fit my stuff)
weapon bits
Thin metal name plates
Various size gem stickers 
Couple bases 

2 texture molds

And what I put in: 

<redacted>

Basing stuff:

<also redacted>

This was a lot of fun, though opening the box was initially a bit overwhelming...not to mention trying to find or make room for my own contributions after I'd already decided on what I wanted. :rolleyes: I noticed the '95 Ral Partha figure on my 2nd repack, and she somehow managed to stay in the box. I also didn't have time to throw any pigment on the group paint figure. Being pulled in too many directions at the moment! 

Edited by AHY79
Redacted contributions to keep stuff as a surprise!
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, AHY79 said:

So I've got Generic Fighter's box all packed and ready to go; just waiting for the recipients mailing address now! I wrote to both yesterday, so now I wait. Shouldn't take long to get to ObiJohn, since the package will be traveling from Dallas to Austin. Yay!

My KS stuff arrived on Thursday, so I did a quick inventory and set a bunch of stuff aside for the box. I forgot to take pics before packing it all up, and I'm not unpacking/packing it a 3rd time. Lol Sorry!

Here's what I took:

Goblins
Kobolds 
Wyvern 
2 nagendra
Metal dwarf brewmaster 
Bones elven blacksmith 

Small bag of flocking/static grass
Bag of Plastic beads

Bag of decapitated old plastic soldiers (? Was super bulky, so had to come out to fit my stuff)
weapon bits
Thin metal name plates
Various size gem stickers 
Couple bases 

2 texture molds

This was a lot of fun, though opening the box was initially a bit overwhelming...not to mention trying to find or make room for my own contributions after I'd already decided on what I wanted. :rolleyes: I noticed the '95 Ral Partha figure on my 2nd repack, and she somehow managed to stay in the box. I also didn't have time to throw any pigment on the group paint figure. Being pulled in too many directions at the moment! 

Don't mention what you put in!

It won't be a suprise then.

Only show what you took.

Which sounds great btw!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Don't mention what you put in!

It won't be a suprise then.

Only show what you took.

Which sounds great btw!

Well, shoot. Should I delete or redact what I put in? I'll definitely take pics of my haul and upload later!

Edited by AHY79
  • Like 3

Just now, AHY79 said:

Well, shoot. Should I delete or redact what I put in? I'll definitely take pics of my haul and upload later!

If you're willing, usually we only show what we took.

One of the fun things is opening the box and get surprised by what's in it.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

If you're willing, usually we only show what we took.

One of the fun things is opening the box and get surprised by what's in it.

I understand and won't open my big mouth next time. Lol I just got a little over excited about sharing. :upside: Thanks!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2