Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 8 picture/chatter thread

If it makes you feel any better, you edited before I saw it so it's all still a surprise to me!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

If it makes you feel any better, you edited before I saw it so it's all still a surprise to me!

Yay! Good to hear. I think I was just quick enough. Looking forward to seeing what you take! ::):

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AHY79 said:

I understand and won't open my big mouth next time. Lol I just got a little over excited about sharing. :upside: Thanks!! 

I get that, I'm always excited myself to receive a box.

It feels a little like Christmas...

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

I had the opportunity to rummage through the Guindyloo box at Chris Palmer’s house this morning. 

3130B551-43C5-41B4-9B0A-14347B094C68.thumb.jpeg.37fc5f156e5d1c3688b47415a8e6f86f.jpeg

Rich pickings, from my point of view; some GW elves and Bretonnians, some Bones, and some unknown women with guns...any ID?

Heres the stuff taken by @Knabe today as well. 

Green pig-like game piece

2 GW Brettonian Archers

Roco  minitank vehicle

Dark Dwarf Smiter (big and little)

Ill be packing up the box now with all its new additions and will will be sending off on Monday. 

2420E77C-B165-4CD4-81B3-49DA47AF8881.jpeg

• Like 14

I see so many of the dark dwarves that I hope there is at least one of the big ones in box in my line. I have the one from the KS but I need at least 1 more for a upcoming adventure ha ha.

fingers crossed!!!

• Like 8

@Chris Palmer That German Ambulance is a cool vehicle.

Also the Pig is a good find!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

@Chris Palmer That German Ambulance is a cool vehicle.

I bought that 25 or so years ago fully intending to use it as a reference to scratchbuild a 28mm version. 

Never got around to it...

• Like 5

6 hours ago, kristof65 said:

I bought that 25 or so years ago fully intending to use it as a reference to scratchbuild a 28mm version. 

Never got around to it...

Very cool.  And an ambitious project to attempt.

Knabe said he has a friend who collects the old Roco vehicles and would be thrilled to add this one to his collection.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, AHY79 said:

Yay! Good to hear. I think I was just quick enough. Looking forward to seeing what you take! ::):

Looking forward to seeing seeing what’s in the box. 

These kind of community activities are what redeem the rest of the internet. :;):

I also just noticed that I’m last in line before It gets back to Generic Fighter. Should I finish the mini? Or leave it with something left for you to paint GF?

Edited by synistar
Typos
  • Like 5

20190511_120013.thumb.jpg.b3ba7064eb0ab6255aa26512f896df7c.jpg

Here is what I took. 

A Forge prints mimic

Chainmail death cleric

And some KOW gargoyles.

There is a bunch of good stuff in the box, but realistically I wouldnt get around to painting most of it (or I had my own copies already).

The box is so full that the rest of the downstream folks may want to take more than they replace.

• Like 12

Nice loot Dilvish!

I once had a copy of that cleric, it's a nice mini.

Gargoyles are cool.

• Like 4

Had a tough time getting everything into the box and broke down a bunch of blister packs. Was able to add these two and a few surprises once I did. 

Looks like they are from Sci-Fi City which was called Enterprise 1701 when I was a kid.

Used to be next to the Navy base in the Winter Park area, store was jam packed with sailors whenever my dad brought me there.  

SAM_8484.JPG.3f4d86e25cbee8287b463b7520891d10.JPG

• Like 8

9 hours ago, synistar said:

Looking forward to seeing seeing what’s in the box. 

These kind of community activities are what redeem the rest of the internet. :;):

I also just noticed that I’m last in line before It gets back to Generic Fighter. Should I finish the mini? Or leave it with something left for you to paint GF?

Do however much or little you want to on it! I did the translucent blue magic effect, so complete the paintjob if you can! It would be nice to get one of these back completed for a change! I'm always afraid I'm gonna ruin someone's hard work if I try, so I don't.

GF

• Like 4

On 5/11/2019 at 3:23 PM, Chris Palmer said:

Heres the stuff taken by @Knabe today as well. 

Green pig-like game piece

2 GW Brettonian Archers

Roco  minitank vehicle

Dark Dwarf Smiter (big and little)

Ill be packing up the box now with all its new additions and will will be sending off on Monday. 

2420E77C-B165-4CD4-81B3-49DA47AF8881.jpeg

Can't wait! I've got a bunch of stuff put aside to load up the box when I finish going through it.

• Like 4