Jump to content

Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 8 picture/chatter thread

Recommended Posts

I received the box on Saturday and it is packed full of goodies. Went through it and made my selections. Got more than I thought I would but I did not have a chance to take a photo. Will do so tomorrow as I am at work then D&D all day and I should have it sent off to the next person on Wednesday.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, HolkDiggity said:

Can't wait! I've got a bunch of stuff put aside to load up the box when I finish going through it.

 

 

Well, you need not wait much longer as the Guindyloo box is now on it's way to you!    

 

I hope you find a bunch of good stuff. ::):

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here's my haul from Generic Fighter's box. Goblins, Kobolds and 2 nagendra from the KS not included, as they've teamed up with the others and are all currently in the process of being primed.

 

Hubs also apparently took the Efritti and 2 City Guards and put stuff in the pile without telling me! I had a feeling some of the things I came across while repacking looked familiar, but knew they weren't mine, so I didn't give it a second thought. He's been reprimanded accordingly and promised not to do it again next time without telling me. I invited him to go through the box when it first came, but he didn't wanna! Hmph. 

 

Anyway...not trying to be a nag, but I'm still waiting on that address so I can ship this heavy little box already. I've had my fun with it, but now it just taunts me from the dining table! :poke:

20190513_141638.jpg

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AHY79 said:

So here's my haul from Generic Fighter's box. Goblins, Kobolds and 2 nagendra from the KS not included, as they've teamed up with the others and are all currently in the process of being primed.

 

Hubs also apparently took the Efritti and 2 City Guards and put stuff in the pile without telling me! I had a feeling some of the things I came across while repacking looked familiar, but knew they weren't mine, so I didn't give it a second thought. He's been reprimanded accordingly and promised not to do it again next time without telling me. I invited him to go through the box when it first came, but he didn't wanna! Hmph. 

 

Anyway...not trying to be a nag, but I'm still waiting on that address so I can ship this heavy little box already. I've had my fun with it, but now it just taunts me from the dining table! :poke:

20190513_141638.jpg

Happy Seppuku stamps, nice!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AHY79 said:

Anyway...not trying to be a nag, but I'm still waiting on that address so I can ship this heavy little box already. I've had my fun with it, but now it just taunts me from the dining table! :poke:

 

 

You might want PM @Chaoswolf and @Generic Fighter and see if hey want to authorize skipping the next unresponsive recipient and moving them further down the chain in the interest of keeping the box moving. I know in the past we’ve had unresponsive people like this where it became necessary to move forward without them. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

 

 

You might want PM @Chaoswolf and @Generic Fighter and see if hey want to authorize skipping the next unresponsive recipient and moving them further down the chain in the interest of keeping the box moving. I know in the past we’ve had unresponsive people like this where it became necessary to move forward without them. 

I PMed Generic Fighter and the next person in line 3 days ago and haven't heard from either yet. I'll write to Chaoswolf now. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I spent a fair bit of time (and money) there when it was Enterprise 1701.

As did I. Back in the days when I was still trying to learn how to glow in the dark.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AHY79 said:

I PMed Generic Fighter and the next person in line 3 days ago and haven't heard from either yet. I'll write to Chaoswolf now. 

I think we should wait a few more days, just in case @Obi John27 had a big distracting thing happen that has taken up their time and attention for a while. So, maybe we should wait until, say, Saturday or so. Also, I'll contact the next in line after them to get an address too. I'll PM it to you if needed.

 

GF

 

EDIT: So I checked Obi John27's activity and he hasn't been back since making his only post on this forum. That is potentially worrisome to me. So either he had life hit him HARD right afterwards or he was attempting to scam us to get "Phat Loot". So I'm making an Executive Decision right now! We will skip him for now and place him at the end  of the list instead. If he shows up before then and explains what happened, we will send the box to him before it goes back to me.

 

@AHY79 contact @Pineapple for an address and send the box to them.

Edited by Generic Fighter
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Generic Fighter said:

I think we should wait a few more days, just in case @Obi John27 had a big distracting thing happen that has taken up their time and attention for a while. So, maybe we should wait until, say, Saturday or so. Also, I'll contact the next in line after them to get an address too. I'll PM it to you if needed.

 

GF

Saturday? That is quite a while to wait, seeing that I've had the box packed and ready to go since Thursday and I wrote to both you and Obi John on Friday requesting an address. I'd just like to send it on to the next person in line to be honest. Holding everyone else up doesn't seem quite fair, and it's just one more thing for me to have to remember. I will definitely need an address PMed to me by somebody, regardless. Any address will do! ::):Thanks.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AHY79 said:

Saturday? That is quite a while to wait, seeing that I've had the box packed and ready to go since Thursday and I wrote to both you and Obi John on Friday requesting an address. I'd just like to send it on to the next person in line to be honest. Holding everyone else up doesn't seem quite fair, and it's just one more thing for me to have to remember. I will definitely need an address PMed to me by somebody, regardless. Any address will do! ::):Thanks.

Check my previous post for the edited info.

 

GF

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, that might be a good critera going forward - you have to have been a ‘member’ here with a minimum of X number of posts before tou can get in on these ...

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Marc said:

You know, that might be a good critera going forward - you have to have been a ‘member’ here with a minimum of X number of posts before tou can get in on these ...

That's a really good idea. I'm glad you came up with it after I got in on this round (since I'm a newbie and haven't posted much). :unsure:

 

Now that I have Pineapple's address in hand (yay), I can get this little beast out of my house tomorrow ('nother yay)!  Will post in the departure thread and send tracking # to both Pineapple & GF when I have it. Thanks again, guys. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AHY79 said:

That's a really good idea. I'm glad you came up with it after I got in on this round (since I'm a newbie and haven't posted much). :unsure:

 

Now that I have Pineapple's address in hand (yay), I can get this little beast out of my house tomorrow ('nother yay)!  Will post in the departure thread and send tracking # to both Pineapple & GF when I have it. Thanks again, guys. 

 

 

Yes the idea of excluding folks has come up before and usually gets decided against as it is such a great way for new people at get their hands on an interesting assortment of new minis. And we usually encourage them to take more, as the more experienced among us usually have more than enough to refill the boxes.  In general we like to encourage new forum members, not discourage them. 

    As far as I know, unscrupulous members absconding with a BOGW has never happened (can anyone correct or verify me on this?) 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marc said:

you have to have been a ‘member’ here with a minimum of X number of posts before tou can get in on these ...

In all honesty I thought there was a minimum number of posts/time already in place before you could sign up. Even though I had been here for about a year and posted at least once weekly I was surprised I was actually able to sign up for the last circuit.

 

Being able to start a box after only one circuit surprised me too. Hopefully seeing one box was enough to show/teach me just how to assemble a box to start a circuit though.

 

I'll admit I really scrutinized everything that went in, though I did put in a few things I was really on the fence about. I figure if those items make it back to me I'll just remove them and replace them with something else for the next circuit.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well on the subject of goodwill... the box is supposed to be filled with stuff it's owners had no use for.  If someone really wants to nab the box that badly, I don't think any one here would complain too much.  It's more about curtosy than ownership, at least that's my thought.

 

Seems strange the person would go through all the effort to line up the BoGW and then not provide a method to receive it.  Disappearing after receiving the box I get, but before?  Seems like life issues or cold feet to me.

 

But then I am ever the optimist when it comes to people...

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×