Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 8 picture/chatter thread

6 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

At this point I could probably start two or three boxes and still have 20 miniatures left to paint...

20 to the power of 3, right??::o::rock:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

We had to replace a box last round. Between what extras Chaoswolf had, and stuff I sent him, and maybe a few others we filled a spare easily.   As long as it doesn't become a recurring problem I think we can replace a box  once in a rare while without significant trouble. 

And that replacement box was AWESOME! I got many happy mini's, much appreciated! Makes me wonder what the lost box had::o:

1 hour ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Left the box at home so I won't be able to get it out until Friday.

Did you take pictures yet??? Curious minds want to see;)

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Generic Fighter said:

Well, I think the first option I gave was more likely by far but the second is one we should be ready for, just in case. Especially since it has happened before. Perhaps we should discuss this thoroughly before the next BoGW happens so we have an idea of what to do if something of this sort happens again.

GF

There isn't really a whole lot we can do, though. I'm not certain , but we're probably treading a little close to the no trading policy that our hosts have in place. If this starts to become a problem, Reaper can just say 'no' and that's all she wrote. Calling someone out on the forum is just going to lead to problems and hard feelings. We could go back to needing to have 'X' number of posts or something similar, but that doesn't honestly prove a whole lot about someone's trustworthiness.

We've lost 2 boxes. With one of them ( a new-ish person), a natural disaster (hurricane and resultant flooding) was involved. No, the person has not been back on the forums. I think we can chalk that up to life becoming a real PITA and a box of toys just kinda isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things.

The second was a member with in excess of 5000 posts. Not sure what happened there.

I'm not holding the hurricane against that person, so losing one box out of 7 rounds of this thing so far isn't too bad, IMO. Does that mean I want to happen with any regularity? No, but so far, 99% of the people involved have tried to make sure it works the way its supposed to, and I think that's pretty good. If it turns out that I'm being naive and half the boxes in this round go AWOL, then I may need to rethink this and not be so trusting.

About all we can really do is what @Inarah mentions below.

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

We had to replace a box last round. Between what extras Chaoswolf had, and stuff I sent him, and maybe a few others we filled a spare easily.   As long as it doesn't become a recurring problem I think we can replace a box  once in a rare while without significant trouble. 

That box did finally meander it's way back home, BTW. It was just stuck for an unacceptably long time. This is why I try to emphasize the 1 week turn around between receipt of the box and sending it to the next person.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

All great points!

Sounds like the best thing is just send the box on to the next person in line. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Marc said:

All great points!

Sounds like the best thing is just send the box on to the next person in line. 

Yeah.  If the intended recipient isn't hanging out on the forums, and isn't answering messages that's a pretty good sign that the Box is not high interest or priority right now.  Better to skip them this time and include them later when they are more involved. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Did you take pictures yet??? Curious minds want to see;)

Haven’t had a chance to yet. Moved them to my desk where the good light is, so hopefully I will remember tomorrow.

• Like 4

The box is on its way to me so in the short term we're all good on movement. 

I don't think there's any perfect answer to the new user question.

• Like 6

It was so nice to catch up and see all the goodies people have acquired! <3 

I won't have any sculpts to put in this time since this last year has been a roller coaster, but I have been sculpting again! I'm excited to see fun things we'll be able to paint!

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Inarah said:

Yeah.  If the intended recipient isn't hanging out on the forums, and isn't answering messages that's a pretty good sign that the Box is not high interest or priority right now.  Better to skip them this time and include them later when they are more involved. 

This is what I did last time.

I asked the person who was next in line if his adress was still correct.

No response.

Checked that person's profile, hadn't logged in for a month on the forum.

Pmed again,

Waited a week and discussed it here.

We decided to send the box to the person next in line after the person who didn't respond.

Figuring should he show up we could always change order of shipping.

Never returned up till now.

No box lost.

Should I just have sent it out without asking, I don't know what might have happened.

My advice,

Ask for Adress in PM, make sure there is contact before shipping.

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Haha, I was scanning the posts this morning, and being kind of tired I swear I thought the post said Box of glitter, because @Glitterwolfwas the last one to comment:)

Who sais there isn't any glitter in the box?:devil:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Who sais there isn't any glitter in the box?:devil:

Hopefully it isn't a glitter bomb then, just try cleaning that up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Rat13 said:

Hopefully it isn't a glitter bomb then, just try cleaning that up.

I would never!

nvren.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I agree with Glitterwolf, if someone seems to be MIA, I would both pm them and tag them here.

Two important things to note -

The date that someone last visited the forum on their profile is not necessarily accurate. If you look at my profile it says that the last time I visited the forum was January 5,2018. That is obviously not accurate, as I'm sitting here typing this now. If someone, like myself, checks off the box "sign in anonymously" when they log in to their account, it will not update their last visit to the forum until they log in without that box checked. I forget about it because every device that I log in to the forum from is also set to keep me signed in.

Also, the forum is spotty at best about sending email notifications for receiving private messages. I would say it's about 50/50 for me. It's not going into my spam box, the forum just doesn't send it sometimes. So from time to time I log on and to my surprise I have a pm waiting for me.

So, point being, don't assume that just because the forum is telling you that someone's not active, that it definitely means they're not. They just might be set to anonymous and haven't thought to check in and just need a little nudge. If they don't respond to the nudging, then it's time to seek alternatives. 

Edited by Guindyloo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2