Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 8 picture/chatter thread

Is contributing to international shipping an option again this time?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Flit said:

Is contributing to international shipping an option again this time?

I would say probably, but it will depend on what circuit goes international and who all are participating.

I still have leftover funds/contributions from the previous run. 

• Like 7

Yes!  Painted, half painted, primed, assembled, or unassembled.  All good. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

For sure I'll be adding in a Angry Ball of Eyes but other then that not exactly sure what other FDG minis I'll add in.

• Like 7

I have a ton of different flocking, and I'm planning on including an assortment when the box gets to me. Any suggestions on what to use for smallish, lightweight containers?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HolkDiggity said:

I have a ton of different flocking, and I'm planning on including an assortment when the box gets to me. Any suggestions on what to use for smallish, lightweight containers?

Empty pill containers or snack-size ziplock plastic bags both work.  Whatever it is, make sure it's something that can't leak all over the box.  And be careful of what material you send...try not to include anything that could be mistaken in appearance for illegal substances.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris Palmer said:

Empty pill containers or snack-size ziplock plastic bags both work.  Whatever it is, make sure it's something that can't leak all over the box.  And be careful of what material you send...try not to include anything that could be mistaken in appearance for illegal substances.

You mean like that white powder I put in last time::o:

Honest, it was baking soda! Anyway, speaking of basing material packaging, We have a local 99 cent and up type store that had all kinds of containers and zip lock baggies cheap, so I am fully ready to throw in a bunch of kitty litter/baking soda bags for those who don't want to buy full bags of the stuff you may never use (well maybe the kitty litter for those who have cats haha).

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, HolkDiggity said:

If you have a lot of it consider joining the basing box circuit.  Regular BoGW is limited to 1 small zip bag of basing material.  I don't know about other boxes but mine is already overloaded. 

You can buy 100 mini zip bags at hobby/craft stores for a couple dollars.  They hold a couple spoonfuls and are good for basing materials and minis with separate parts. 

• Like 8

20 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Special request - last two times you had me in the same exact box - can I get into another one this time? 

Sorry about that. I will certainly try not to do that again.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

If you do use pill bottles please remember to remove the labels and clean them.  I had a friend who used to store basing material in his wife's empty pill bottles.  The results were... disturbing.

Also, with so many rounds in the past, would it be worth publishing the draft list first so people could raise a flag if they are with a majority of the same people for the second or third time, or is that too much work for the our undersung hero @Chaoswolf?

With bones 4 hitting soon that should make all the boxes relatively new so it shouldn't be too much of a problem but having the ability to look might freshen up some if the lists and get more things to people who haven't seen them.

• Like 8

Excited to do another round! :)

Regarding the 3D printed figures question - I personally would rather not include them. I wouldn't mind if a couple ended up in a box I received I guess, but I'd be pretty disappointed if there was a ton of 3D stuff.

I'm only interested in Bones minis and resin bases though, so I'd be equally disappointed if there was a ton of metal and not many Bones.

• Like 3

Please keep in mind that they amount of bones versus metal in any given box is kinda hard to predict.

16 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Also, with so many rounds in the past, would it be worth publishing the draft list first so people could raise a flag if they are with a majority of the same people for the second or third time, or is that too much work for the our undersung hero @Chaoswolf?

With bones 4 hitting soon that should make all the boxes relatively new so it shouldn't be too much of a problem but having the ability to look might freshen up some if the lists and get more things to people who haven't seen them.

Not necessarily too much work, it's mostly just unnecessary. I generally try to keep a decent list of who was in what circuit last time and use that when making new circuits. As noted above, occasionally I screw up. At least you know I'm human that way. ::D:

In all seriousness though, I encourage everyone to read over the list when I post them and contact me with any issues. I've got no problems making changes/adjustments on the fly.

• Like 6

Is the general rule that metal minis should be replaced with metal minis since they tend to be more expensive than plastic? (I'm not personally all that worried about it, just curious.)

• Like 4