Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 8 picture/chatter thread

56 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

Please do finish the group mini and take a photo!  I'm really not worried about you ruining our work, I'd be more annoyed that I wasted my time on it if it never got finished. 

I had hoped to put some finishing touches on it....is it really not that far along?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, 3vil3lvis said:

I had hoped to put some finishing touches on it....is it really not that far along?

Well there are still 3 people it'll go through after you, so I didn't figure it needed to be very far along. Thoughts?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

Thoughts? 

I was echoing your concern that it wouldn't be done before it got back to generic...but 3 people after me should be enough. Somehow I thought I was near the end of our list.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 3vil3lvis said:

I was echoing your concern that it wouldn't be done before it got back to generic...but 3 people after me should be enough. Somehow I thought I was near the end of our list.

Oh, sorry, just to clarify - he had mentioned earlier that when they come back to him unfinished he often avoids working on them because he doesn't want to mess up the work of others. I was just saying I'd rather he finish and make mistakes than not finish at all.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pineapple said:

• Some Unexploded Cow cards
  • Surkar, Orc Shaman
  • Some weird but cool figure of a dude in a metal life support suit
  • Two Stonehaven Kickstarter minis
  • Three Bones Bathalians
  • Bones 4 Chaos Toad Sorcerer
  • Some kind of figure that I think is a GW one
  • A couple male fighters with big weapons, I think by Wizkids but not sure
  • A couple cool dice (d20, critical hits, random directions and weather)
  • Some basing moss
  • Little bronze castings
  • Some rocks, weapon bits and cocktail skewers
  • Some cool puttied bases
  • Plaster rocks and a foam p

Big weapon guys look like Troglodytes from "Massive Darkness

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Pineapple said:

Yep, they are! Good eye. 

So is the dude with the axe and shield (standing in a "come get some" pose) from the same bag. Ask me how I know. (I put em in) ::P:

Edited by AHY79
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 5/18/2019 at 9:51 PM, Pineapple said:

Oh, sorry, just to clarify - he had mentioned earlier that when they come back to him unfinished he often avoids working on them because he doesn't want to mess up the work of others. I was just saying I'd rather he finish and make mistakes than not finish at all.

I asked Generic Fighter  earlier about whether he wants to put final touches on the mini and he said that he started the mini with some paint effects on it when he sent it out. So I will finish it since I am last in line before it goes back to GF.

• Like 8

This box is beautifully organized but very full! I thought I could take a few things out and make a mini box at ReaperCon, but honestly, there's enough stuff in here that we could make 2 boxes.

Split in half and make a ReaperCon box?

Split in half and make a ReaperCon box for newbies with the intention of cleaning it out?

Smoosh as much as I can in there, gently hand the extras to people during ReaperCon? :lol: 

What are everyone's thoughts?

• Like 5

I'm out of town all weekend.. so its likely the @Guindyloo box will arrive before I leave but I wont be able to go through it until Monday and need to rely on my wife to take me to the post office to mail it

• Like 7

I vote smoosh as much as possible, extras during reapercon, and let @Rat13 swim in the mini's when it makes it way back to him.  But also being next I maybe a little biased, I wants to see all the things.:ph34r:

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

Finally had a chance to sort through the @pcktlnt box that came through @Mutilatedlips.  Fun stuff - lots of metal, so it weighed a ton!  Here is what I took:

* 4 older metal Grenadier horses, probably for my granddaughter to paint

* Pathfinder Amiri - I'm painting one for one of my grandsons, so this is a replacement for me

* Pathfinder Lini

* 5 Necromunda bases.  You can never have too many bases, right?  And these are very cool.

* 1 armored wolf of some sort.  Not sure who made him, but he can hang out with my Rackham Wolfen.

* 1 sprue of weapons.  You can never have too many spare weapons, either.

* 1 plastic dark elf (Lolth).  Don't know who made her either.

* 2 Reaper townsfolk children

* 1 old Grenadier female. She might have been a fighter, but with scale creep, she's more halfling sized these days.

* 3 Oathsword Sensible Shoes female adventurers!  I was very excited to find those!

And then I added some <redacted> and a couple of <redacted> and 3<redacted> and - well, never mind, it's all <redacted>!  ;-)  I just need to repack the box and it should go out to @Sanael tomorrow.

BoGW8.JPG

• Like 20