Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 8 picture/chatter thread

4 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Where did that awesome "Not a Mimic" sticker come from!!!!

I got it from a seller on Etsy. Just search for mimic and you will find several sellers with them.

GF

• Like 5

Ok, here is my haul from the @pcktlnt box:

IMG_20190526_002320004.thumb.jpg.5654f6dc174dcf008d9608d0b0d9c366.jpg

From Reaper, there are some Bones lizardfolk (which I've already painted and posted in the Memorial Day Binge thread!), some lizard/dinosaur things, a drow lady on a dinolizard, a Pillar of Good, and a METAL CHARNEL GRUB which is the best carrion crawler ever and I love it (I have already painted one, but why not paint another? I'm not a big proponent of "Bones aren't as good a metal," but in this case I really don't like the Bones version as much. Too loosey-goosey in the tentacle department).

The armored guy next to the (very old-school) red Reaper tag came with the Reaper tag but I don't recognize him, he's not got broccoli but isn't from Warlord, and his base slot is stamped FFG (presumably Fantasy Flight Games). Whatever he's meant to be, he'll see use as a Dragon Highlord at some point.

From Shadowforge, a dancing elf maid with a flower basket will be a lovely addition to any village festival.

Tales of War produced the rather madcap pirate bust.

And the terrifying crow guy is from Hell Dorado.

I put in... Many things. And I filled a couple pages of the box journal.

I will ship out the box sometime this week, but it won't be tomorrow.

• Like 14

23 minutes ago, Sanael said:

FFG guy is an add on for the Descent board game, don't remember his exact name. 

Never heard of shadow forge, I got a handful of their models a while back from a friend. Never thought I would get to them so in the box they went.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sanael said:

From Reaper, there are some Bones lizardfolk (which I've already painted and posted in the Memorial Day Binge thread!), some lizard/dinosaur things, a drow lady on a dinolizard, a Pillar of Good, and a METAL CHARNEL GRUB which is the best carrion crawler ever and I love it (I have already painted one, but why not paint another? I'm not a big proponent of "Bones aren't as good a metal," but in this case I really don't like the Bones version as much. Too loosey-goosey in the tentacle department).

The armored guy next to the (very old-school) red Reaper tag came with the Reaper tag but I don't recognize him, he's not got broccoli but isn't from Warlord, and his base slot is stamped FFG (presumably Fantasy Flight Games). Whatever he's meant to be, he'll see use as a Dragon Highlord at some point.

From Shadowforge, a dancing elf maid with a flower basket will be a lovely addition to any village festival.

Tales of War produced the rather madcap pirate bust.

And the terrifying crow guy is from Hell Dorado.

I put in... Many things. And I filled a couple pages of the box journal.

I will ship out the box sometime this week, but it won't be tomorrow.

Elfy-drow whatever she is on the dino is the Darkrime Drakerider ... I've got one I need to finish. ^^;

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Supercool!

I love those lizardthings and the Dark Elf riding a Dino.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Supercool!

I love those lizardthings and the Dark Elf riding a Dino.

Me, too! Although I have more use for lizardfolk riding dinosaurs right now, so I might replace the drow torso with a Kobold (the drow is very small compared to other Reaper elves).

Or maybe a halfling. Those are good dino-riders, too.

Either way, it's a great mini.

• Like 4

On 5/22/2019 at 11:57 AM, kristof65 said:

@izzylobo  I don't know when you were planning on shipping the Inarah box, but I'll be gone for the next five days, so please don't ship it to arrive before the 28th.   I don't expect that was going to be an issue, but I just realized I should give you a heads up. 

Well, fortunately, that isn't a problem :-D - between network issues, and other time sinks, this won't go out before tomorrow. 

(didn't end up taking much - pics later). 

Edited by izzylobo
  • Like 5

Sorry.. i think I forgot to post it arrived on Thursday..  I was on my way out the door to an SCa event for the weekend.. it will go out tomorrow

• Like 7

1 hour ago, izzylobo said:

Well, fortunately, that isn't a problem :-D - between network issues, and other time sinks, this won't go out before tomorrow. 

(didn't end up taking much - pics later). 

Glad it worked out for us both.  

• Like 4

Still waiting on an address for Cassu.  Sent the request a week ago and it still hasn't been read.  If you're out there Cassu let me know!

• Like 3

So it's been a week, and the replacement box still isn't here. I'm going to try to walk to the post office for one. We're also packing this week, so I think I'll just smoosh everything in and send it on without any trading so it's not delayed any further.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

Sorry.. i think I forgot to post it arrived on Thursday..  I was on my way out the door to an SCa event for the weekend.. it will go out tomorrow

Sorry it took so long to get there! I thought for sure that it would be quick since we live relatively close to each other.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Still waiting on an address for Cassu.  Sent the request a week ago and it still hasn't been read.  If you're out there Cassu let me know!

I didn't think it would impact anything due to the timing, but with that news and as I am next after @Cassu I will be out of town June 1-8th.  I will have someone bringing in packages every so often, though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1