Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 8 picture/chatter thread

On 4/3/2019 at 12:51 AM, Chaoswolf said:

Please keep in mind that they amount of bones versus metal in any given box is kinda hard to predict.

Not necessarily too much work, it's mostly just unnecessary. I generally try to keep a decent list of who was in what circuit last time and use that when making new circuits. As noted above, occasionally I screw up. At least you know I'm human that way. ::D:

In all seriousness though, I encourage everyone to read over the list when I post them and contact me with any issues. I've got no problems making changes/adjustments on the fly.

Brother Wolf??? What is this talk about being human???

As for international.

I live in the Netherlands, If someone is willing to ship the box to me, I will ship it to the next person in line.

I do not need a contribution, I will ship it back on my own account.

All I need is one of you colonials to ship it to me.

I hope I can participate again, I like this a lot.

I'm also not afraid of lead minis!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 11

Looking forward to this, already starting to accumulate goodies for the box!

• Like 6

I have been accumulating for a while now...

I just found the bag of stuff that I had set aside to go in the last round, then lost. I'm trying really hard not to do that again. ::P:

• Like 6

On 4/2/2019 at 8:34 PM, Pineapple said:

Is the general rule that metal minis should be replaced with metal minis since they tend to be more expensive than plastic? (I'm not personally all that worried about it, just curious.)

Well,  there's no rule, and there's no one looking over your shoulder, so it's really up to you.  And as has been seen in an earlier comment some folks value Bones more than metal... so who knows what a true equivalency is.    .   

That being said, my moral compass usually tries to replace like with like, or at least work out some sort of equivalency... but it's not always simply cost based...

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 9

Yeah, I don't worry about it terribly much. As long as the box is at least as full as when I got it, I feel pretty good about it. Just remember that a medium flat rate box is the MAXIMUM size. You can get a ton of minis in there and any bigger becomes cost prohibitive to ship. If it doesn't fit, save it for next time. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Keianna said:

Yeah, I don't worry about it terribly much. As long as the box is at least as full as when I got it, I feel pretty good about it. Just remember that a medium flat rate box is the MAXIMUM size. You can get a ton of minis in there and any bigger becomes cost prohibitive to ship. If it doesn't fit, save it for next time. 

Ohh, that's good to know. I have a good supply of both Large and Medium flat rate boxes for my Ebay shipping, so I am good either way:)

• Like 4

On 3/31/2019 at 6:04 PM, Jodie said:

Hi, 

Newbie here, would it be okay to add painted miniatures to the box?

Just as an aside, the general assumption is that any miniatures with paint on them are going to get stripped and repainted (if not disassembled, converted and/or possibly eaten, lol)...

So if anyone is planning to put in something you painted up real nice specially for the box, make sure you bag/pack it separately and label it as such.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 7

Is the general rule that metal minis should be replaced with metal minis since they tend to be more expensive than plastic? (I'm not personally all that worried about it, just curious.)

I'm sorry I missed this.

Chris Palmer gave a pretty reasonable answer, though.

6 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Well,  there's no rule, and there's no one looking over your shoulder, so it's really up to you.  And as has been seen in an earlier comment some folks value Bones more than metal... so who knows what a true equivalency is.    .   

That being said, my moral compass usually tries to replace like with like, or at least work out some sort of equivalency... but it's not always simply cost based...

1 minute ago, Mad Jack said:

Just as an aside, the general assumption is that any miniatures with paint on them are going to get stripped and repainted (if not disassembled and/or eaten, lol)...

So if anyone is planning to put in something you painted up real nice specially for the box, make sure you bag/pack it separately and label it as such.

Good point.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I'm sorry I missed this.

Chris Palmer gave a pretty reasonable answer, though.

I'm sorry if I stepped over bounds on this, Chaoswolf.   :wacko:

Please feel free to correct me if I was incorrect.

• Like 5

Oh, no, not at all!!!  I'm more than happy for you to step in and provide information. You've been doing this a while, so you've got a pretty good idea of how things go.

• Like 7

There's a few hours left to get in on this round if you're interested.

• Like 3