Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 8 picture/chatter thread

20 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

Ok, friends.  I have reorganized the box that I am about to send off.  I had hoped to get it out yesterday, but it didn't happen.  As usual, it is packed to overflowing; in fact I had to reserve some stuff.  I usually get to see the box that ends up with Chris Palmer as well, so we'll fit as much of it as we can in that circuit.

A warning.  The metal miniatures in the box this time around have mostly lost their alloy notations.  If you are lead-averse, take heed.  I also added a small box of specifically marked vintage lead.  Please keep that separated, and don't get stuff from it into the other bags, etc.

Excited to see the box has been released!

Appeciate that heads up about the metal!

• Like 2

BoxoHanks.jpg.02f80e2542da0da40fa414e3061a2069.jpg

*Sigh*.... I suppose I could go through and try to recatalog everything in the box and write up a new journal... :rolleyes:

<wanders off muttering Zathras quote from Babylon 5...>

Probably end up getting the box out sometime mid-next-week, maybe Tuesday or Wed....

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4
  • Haha 10

Box has arrived and I have made a quick sort through it.  Nice mix of old and new Bones, pewter, lead plastic and resin from multiple manufacturers (GW, Reaper, Genadier, Ral Partha, Privateer and Mantic to name a few).  Gonna have to think on it and see how much room I can free up for my additions.  The box was bulging when it arrived here.

• Like 14

Sorry for the delay. Work beat me up and illness knocked me down. Box is ready and will be shipped tomorrow. It's sitting in my car. ^__^

• Like 9

On 4/29/2019 at 4:17 AM, Rob Dean said:

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Star_Trek_(Heritage)

I have more of them, but we’ll see how long it takes to get to the painting.  What with Discovery and all, I’ve been in a Star Trek mood, but the rules would probably have to be something like Rogue Stars if I did it today.  I note that the Lost Minis Wiki doesn’t have pictures of the pack or the individuals, so I should do something about that too...

Ooh! I have some "unofficial" OS Star Trek figures I've been slowly working up. Prolly should start a thread on them. Would be neat if you painted up yours!

• Like 8

On 4/29/2019 at 9:10 PM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Box has arrived and I have made a quick sort through it.  Nice mix of old and new Bones, pewter, lead plastic and resin from multiple manufacturers (GW, Reaper, Genadier, Ral Partha, Privateer and Mantic to name a few).  Gonna have to think on it and see how much room I can free up for my additions.  The box was bulging when it arrived here.

I had more to add too. Even with taking out the extra bubble wrap, there just wasn't a whole lot of space to work with. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Crowley said:
On 4/29/2019 at 8:10 PM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I had more to add too. Even with taking out the extra bubble wrap, there just wasn't a whole lot of space to work with. :lol:

I was surprised when the box came back to me as a USPS Large.  Compressing it all back into a USPS Medium was a feat.  

• Like 8

On 4/22/2019 at 11:40 AM, Guindyloo said:

I let @Chris Palmer know already, but just so everyone in my group is aware, I'm going to try to get the box out in the next couple of days, but it is very likely that I will not be able to send it out until the weekend. 

@Guindyloo, any chance for the box to be sent out this weekend?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

@Guindyloo, any chance for the box to be sent out this weekend?

Oh geez, sorry. I tried to go last weekend and managed to not get around to going until the post office was already closed. <_< I paid for and printed a label from home so I intended on taking it on Monday.......and then I completely forgot that I hadn't done it and that the box existed at all. Welcome to my brain.

I have spoken to @Chaoswolf twice this week and he never mentioned it, so I halfway blame him and I told @buglips*the*goblin the tragic story of "what do you mean the post office is only open until noon on Saturdays?!?" and he didn't remind me that I still had it either, so the other half of the blame is his. It is definitely not that I should write things down because I know how forgetful I am. ::P: In all seriousness; sorry, folks. I will 100% get it in the mail tomorrow!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Guindyloo said:

Oh geez, sorry. I tried to go last weekend and managed to not get around to going until the post office was already closed. <_< I paid for and printed a label from home so I intended on taking it on Monday.......and then I completely forgot that I hadn't done it and that the box existed at all. Welcome to my brain.

I have spoken to @Chaoswolf twice this week and he never mentioned it, so I halfway blame him and I told @buglips*the*goblin the tragic story of "what do you mean the post office is only open until noon on Saturdays?!?" and he didn't remind me that I still had it either, so the other half of the blame is his. It is definitely not that I should write things down because I know how forgetful I am. ::P: In all seriousness; sorry, folks. I will 100% get it in the mail tomorrow!

No worries.   Absentmindedness is a sign of high intelligence and creativity, so you’ve got that going for you. :lol: (It’s where the stereotype of the absent-minded professor comes from). 

I wouldn’t get anything done if I didn’t write little notes to myself everywhere... it’s like a mad scribbler lives here. ::P:

Anyhow, thanks for getting it sent out, I look forward to pawing through it.  And I know @HolkDiggity is chomping at the bit to have his inaugural turn at a BOGW. ::):

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The Rat13 box has arrived from klarg1. I haven’t had a chance to look at it yet but I should get to it over the weekend. Hope you’re all having good days!

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

No worries.   Absentmindedness is a sign of high intelligence and creativity, so you’ve got that going for you. :lol: (It’s where the stereotype of the absent-minded professor comes from). 

I wouldn’t get anything done if I didn’t write little notes to myself everywhere... it’s like a mad scribbler lives here. ::P:

Anyhow, thanks for getting it sent out, I look forward to pawing through it.  And I know @HolkDiggity is chomping at the bit to have his inaugural turn at a BOGW. ::):

Post-it notes. ALL THE POST-IT-NOTES. I have been horrifying people for years with my stacks of post-it notes. We're talking stacks 100 post-it notes deep for some things. But I'll take highly intelligent and creative over disorganized disaster. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

and he didn't remind me that I still had it either, so the other half of the blame is his.

This is the first I've heard of work cutbacks.  I was counting on that scapegoblin overtime, now I'm on half days with no warning? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6