The Innsmouth Look: 77590, Father Dagon (pic-heavy)

Rigel

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the colors running all along Dagon. This is a colossal mini and I am tackling it soon to build my underwater mob repertoire. I will defs be referring to this. I really like the iridescent-Mardi-gras-king-cake-colors. So. Cool.

You went next next level on this guy!!!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Inarah said:

Wow, I really like the iridescent look you achieved on his skin, and the squiggly pink chin tentacles are wonderfully icky. 

Thank you! He's almost entirely painted in craftstore metallics: Dark Patina, Festive Green, Teal, and Amethyst, with touches of Reaper Alien Goo and others here and there. Deciding on a look for those barbels was challenging, but anytime there's a monster with a strong nonhuman look, slick pale vulnerable flesh ups the ick factor a lot. 

16 hours ago, Redd Knekk said:

I love the colors running all along Dagon. This is a colossal mini and I am tackling it soon to build my underwater mob repertoire. I will defs be referring to this. I really like the iridescent-Mardi-gras-king-cake-colors. So. Cool.

You went next next level on this guy!!!

Thanks! Had fun with it, and it really ties the Deep One/Tiik/Kuo-Toas together. Patterns and colors were inspired by Doug Jones' fishmen from "Hellboy" and "Shape of Water." 

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

burns.jpg

Yayyyyy! The stamp of excellence is a rare and joyous delight. Thank you.

• Like 2