Sign in to follow this  
Maglok

Wrath of the Righteous painting log

Monthly update time! Welcome to the new year peeps.

I am putting effort in getting minis and painting a few groups. Specifically in book 3 is a clan of 8 barbarians.

49327158871_a26d0d70e8_z.jpg

They are still early, but I like working on them. :) They also have a fiendish barbarian leader, but I do not have a miniature for him yet.

Then there is more work on villagers.

49327378222_8d6ba17d86_z.jpg

These are further along, they need highlighting and the fish woman needs a bunch more work. I am aiming at a group of 10 villagers for different places in the campaign. I have a few completed already.

Finally my wife surprised me with 3D prints of two NPCs from the campaign. That said one I had already painted, Horgus Gwerm. So I have started painting up this 3D print.

49327158811_f371859535_z.jpg

While the pose and age of the miniature are better, the detail is kind of lacking. I think that is partly the 3D printer and partly the fact it is a heroforge miniature and they are not that detailed. I am not sure which to go with yet...

Finally I have been scouring the interwebs for more miniatures!

progress_2020_01.png

I have serious issues finding any good Dretch miniatures though. :(

Planning on throwing a update roughly once a month this year. :)

• Like 8

Been a while, here is an update!

I finished a clan of barbarians from book 3. Practiced some non-metallic metal on these barbs. They still need a fiendish leader at some point.

49511557277_c923994316_z.jpg

Then we have 5 babaus from the end of book 1. These babaus are really boring minis. So I bought 3 bones versions and 2 metallics. I posed the metallic ones a bit different. Then I added different weapons for all of them, since they came without weapons (though they always tend to wield a longspear in-game). They are also the first time I did a zenethal and then used the existing highlights and a red ink to get an interesting effect. They do not win a beauty competition, but I like em!

49653123606_5871446369_z.jpg

49653399892_c824c310ae_z.jpg

Now that these groups are done I have started working on some non-done minis. The glabrezu from earlier, some more villagers that are half done. I could not resist and put together 3 vrocks though. I need to find some more unique vrocks, but these are the start. 2 are metal (1 Reaper, 1 Otherworld Miniatures) and 1 is Bones. I made some bases, did some basic zenethal with my airbrush and that is where they stand. I got a 2nd airbrush coming tomorrow and I wanna try to use a more detailed airbrush to do some of these vrocks.

49652597693_5026471c74_z.jpg

So if you know anymore good Vrock models, I need at least 3 more or so, a few more basic, and another 'special/hero' vrock like the one in the middle here.

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Maglok said:

So if you know anymore good Vrock models, I need at least 3 more or so, a few more basic, and another 'special/hero' vrock like the one in the middle here.

PAIZO:

image.png.f982fb85d31913f3f6301cbd9d42b814.png

RAGE OF DEMONS

image.png.00d237c36176b94a53c51e924e9a6237.png

D&D Miniatures Dungeons of Dread / Vrock

image.png.a914b21ab30feeae5521e2f7ae2f5ef6.png

• Like 3

@Glitterwolf: Thanks :) I have seen those though and personally I think they are pretty much nothing. All prepainted undetailed. :( The Paizo one looks the best, but meh.

Thanks for checking though Glitterwolf! :)

• Like 2

Been on the mythic hero Vrock for a bit. My new airbrush is amazing and I am loving the model.

Most of the green parts are not finished, nor is the base or the sword.

49680799441_9a628066e5_c.jpg

• Like 8

And here he is, Mr. Mythic Vrock all done :) I am really pleased with how he turned out!

49688693957_c569731d4b_z.jpg    49688694012_ae9d75639f_z.jpg

• Like 12

Well a lot of quiet from me again. Have some medical issues, did a lot of laying on our couch for the last 6 weeks. Also quaraintine stuff effecting my work (I had to work more). Diagnosed with a life-long medical thing now (not the point). So lots of delays.

I am just gonna throw the recent paintjobs here without much description:

49919454318_09e4734c5e.jpg     49919454278_fde2f2be49.jpg

Three more villagers done. 7/10 villagers now. Last three are being worked on.

49919454178_6a923f7931.jpg     49919454258_1b1be1b224.jpg

A hueceva, undead thing.

49920268627_fffdedaeb6.jpg     49919454218_d96245eb5a.jpg

Albino cave viper.

49919970601_9345dc258a_z.jpg     49920268532_c92106910f_z.jpg

5 librarians. I grabbed robed miniatures I had laying around without weapons (of staffs that look not that hostile).

Currently working on 6 brigands. Will see if I find time to update.

• Like 12

Nice colors on the librarians.

Do you have all of your giant demonic flies yet? If not Reaper has a metal giant fly. There is one in Dark Heaven line. 

• Like 2

Good work, the librarians look great in those robes.

Also love that snake!

Yup, that's the one.

It's been awhile since I've looked through that AP, so I wasn't sure if it was a multi or single encounter.

Pricewise it feels like it is a 'large' fly demon thing. Even though it is metal. *shrug* :) I will go over the entire book again of course, eventually, but my spreadsheet says only one.

Here is a WIP for 6 'looters'. I grabbed a combination of nasty looking fellows, mostly from Dreadmere.

49961647092_5be38af7e5_c.jpg

Painting is what keeps me sane atm. All a bit trickier, the medical thing has (temporarily) made me near sighted. *sigh*

• Like 8