Corsair

Getting to Know You for April 2019

26 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

... prawns were never alive in the first place? this feels like a district 9 quote...

I haven't seen that movie in years, I'm going to look it out and watch it again soon...

I even tried convincing said co-worker that prawns were alive by showing her video of my Red Crystal Shrimp tank, but she remained unconvinced. I'm a proper veggie and she briefly thought I would be her new work best friend until I continually pulled her up on her food related bull-hockey ::P:

Disclaimer: I have no problem with people eating whatever they want, but don't try and get imaginary cool points by pretending that you eat a restrictive diet because you think it's cool.  <_<

• Like 13

18 hours ago, Corsair said:

Welcome to April!

April 1 [April Fool's Day]

What was the silliest comment you have ever heard?

I don't know about ever, but when my player said "I cast fireball!" While she was standing on some narrow mega dungeon stairs, with the giant spiders only 40 feet away...

I was even nice and said "not lightning bolt?"

"Fireball!"

"Okay, everyone roll saving throws..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

51 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

My work colleagues are a reliable source for ridiculous comments, some examples include- 

"Yes I'm a Vegan, but prawns don't count because they were never alive in the first place"  

"Lions are the males and tigers are the females of the same species"

"Painting minis is easy, why would you charge me to paint my son's entire 40k army?"

"Chris Evans is a terrible Captain America"

You're quite lucky.

Most of MY coworkers' ridiculous quotes are questions along the lines of:

"How do I save this Word Document?"

"But I made a mistake, why can't I just edit the email I sent yesterday?"

"Is it a problem that I just tore up the holographic official seal of a foreign country on the client's legal documents?"

All of these, I've dealt with more than once. The first one, verbatim, I have fielded at least four times from the same person.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Cheeseburgers aren't vegan? O_o

Now I want to go to McDonalds for a cheeseburger.......[?]

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Corsair said:

Welcome to April!

On  these forums it'd probably be a post from either Doc Bedlam, TheAuldGrump, or Dr. Wyrm-  they do have a way with typin' ;)

In the (sur)real(ish) world,  I'm gonna have to go with the politically charged statement that prefaced the reaction pic, below.

itjustgotreal.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

My niece was quite young when I looked after her overnight while her brother was being born. Her family owns mini-vans and large station wagons. The next day we went out to my car (a Suzuki Swift).

”Aunty Sib, I think your car is still growing.”

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

21 hours ago, Corsair said:

Welcome to April!

'Be careful, you're getting snow on the ground'

..during a snowstorm.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

My work colleagues are a reliable source for ridiculous comments, some examples include- 

"Yes I'm a Vegan, but prawns don't count because they were never alive in the first place"  

"Lions are the males and tigers are the females of the same species"

"Painting minis is easy, why would you charge me to paint my son's entire 40k army?"

"Chris Evans is a terrible Captain America"

Reminds me of a friend's story. Family get together with lots of folks there. They are a pretty laid back bunch and one of his nephews brought his new girlfriend who was quite annoying according to all who were there. Finally they sit down to Thanksgiving dinner and the GF states loudly how can they eat all this stuff, she;s vegan, etc. Finally my buddies' niece looks at her and asks "Vegan? Is that a physical or mental handicap?"

• Like 8
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, TGP said:

I dunno, that feels like a cop-out almost... 

IMG_20180809_120549.thumb.jpg.fda4b1a8251b4f06fdeefd3a08ba29b0.jpg

That's only $5.50 at my local deli.  Mushrooms are optional.  So about a dollar more than McDonald's, and you get an epic burger, that's fresh grilled in front of you, with patties they've made there, using a nice mix of... Stuff. I say stuff because I've never asked, but my oh my, tasty. 

Or I suppose there's Carl's Jr, Five Guys, etc that all have better burgers than McDonald's ^_^

I probably had better pics in my history, but that's back in August and was enough scrolling for my taste. 

• Like 13

33 minutes ago, Corsair said:

April 2, 2019

What one role defined an Actor or Actress for you?

John Wayne: Jake McCandles, Big Jake -- While he had a lot of memorable roles, and this isn't may favorite John Wayne role or movie, I think it captured his persona the best.

Bruce Willis: John McClane, Die Hard -- Lead in the platonic ideal of big darn action movie.

Robert Mitchum: Sheriff J. P. Harrah, El Dorado

Julie Andrews: Sister Maria, Sound of Music -- Victor/Victoria is probably a better movie (though comparison cross genre is tough), but this was the first of her movies that I saw and the one that defines her acting persona.

Clint Eastwood: William Munny, Unforgiven -- People older than me might remember him more as Rowdy Yates, and The Man with No Name was sort of his defining role for a long time, but that movie and that role were so memorable that they define his work for me.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:
7 hours ago, TGP said:

I dunno, that feels like a cop-out almost...

If it helps...I ended up at In-N-Out® But, I tinkered with the ingredients list so that they* resembled a McDs burger (ketchup-mustard-pickles-onions) but I added lettuce and asked for a double quantity of grilled onions. 

*I got two, they are small. 

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

April 2, 2019

Han Solo ... Harrison Ford

(But, but, Indiana Jones? ? ?  Dr. Jones is largely the same character with lower tech level weapons and gear.)

Edited by TGP
undoing excess smart gadget punctuation
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

April 2, 2019

Tilda Swinton as Gabriel in "Constantine".

Excellent question, by the way. Really looking forward to reading other peoples responses.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

April 2, 2019

Kyle Urban, Cupid in Xena, Warrior Princess. Yes, I know he's been in a ton of stuff, and has incredible range (like, holy moly, he makes a fantastic Judge Dredd!), but he will always be Cupid to me :wub:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

April 2, 2019

Spock ... Leonard Nimoy

Holmes ... Jeremy Brett

Dr. Brennan ... Emily Deschanel 

(I thought of a couple more.)

Edited by TGP
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1