Corsair

Getting to Know You for April 2019

1 hour ago, Zink said:

Makes me glad I was too little to remember then. The 80s were much better. :poke:

Fixed that for you. In the 80's we pretty much just moved the crazy from clothes to hair.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, TGP said:

::D:

The fashionistas of the 70’s have much to answer for...

I trust you're not implying anything about my blue and white plaid polyester leisure suit.

Because, while fully justified, it would be unkind to those long-ago youths. In defense, unlike tattoos, when the fad was done, I could just not wear it any more. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

54 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Fixed that for you. In the 80's we pretty much just moved the crazy from clothes to hair.

Shoulder. Pads.

• Haha 11

35 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Because, while fully justified, it would be unkind to those long-ago youths. In defense, unlike tattoos, when the fad was done, I could just not wear it any more. :rolleyes:

TRUTH!

1 minute ago, Doug Sundseth said:

And leg warmers. And moon boots.

Y'know, ....

::P:

Let he who never wore parachute pants throw the first stone.

• Haha 13

Where is the first stone?

Do you use film camera?

No, but I do use a digital point and shoot mostly. Smart Phone just not as good.

Edited by ttuckerman
  • Like 8

16 hours ago, Corsair said:

Question for April 19, 2019

Do you still use a film camera?

The last time I used a film camera was about 7 years ago at our wedding. And even then they were disposable cameras. So no. I do however have 3 digital cameras plus my smart phone...

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:
2 hours ago, TGP said:

::D:

The fashionistas of the 70’s have much to answer for...

I trust you're not implying anything about my blue and white plaid polyester leisure suit.

There were worse color choices than blue/white plaid. :ph34r:

*** starts looking for stones/never wore parachute pants/jeans are timeless  ***

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

16 hours ago, Corsair said:

Question for April 19, 2019

Do you still use a film camera?

When I get a chance. I have my mom's old Nikon SLR. I only just found a place that actually gives you the negatives back (so you can use those to get good quality pictures on the computer)

Oh. And I have one of those new polaroids. Because they are fun.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

When I get a chance. I have my mom's old Nikon SLR. I only just found a place that actually gives you the negatives back (so you can use those to get good quality pictures on the computer)

Oh. And I have one of those new polaroids. Because they are fun.

I have an old Polaroid.  I wonder if they still make film for them. Didn't take the best photos but it was fun holding them in your armpit to develop the picture. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

And leg warmers. And moon boots.

Y'know, ....

::P:

Leg warmers never died out in the rave scene... Just sayin.  Not that I've ever worn or contemplated such myself - I used to wear Original Swat boots (the brand) under a pair of Tripp NYC's....  Confused the living daylights out of various parts of the scene(s) I was part of, at least until my main hangout became New City Suburbs in Edmonton, then it just made sense....  Since nobody ever believed me that the reason I wore those was because they're comfy, and durable, but frequenting Suburbs "suddenly" meant that oh hey, he's mixing goth, punk, and rave.  Nope, always was more of a dark raver than a graver (goth raver) but meh ::P:  (That and I was more influenced by the cyberpunk and especially cybergoth stuff, plus a dose of gabber culture >.>;;;; )

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

TRUTH!

Let he who never wore parachute pants throw the first stone.

I never did, but I'd rather throw a nerf football, or the various projectile items they make.  Getting into wars with those is fun!

Tripps don't count as parachute pants, and despite wanting a pair of 40" UFO's, I never did buy a pair.  Yet.  Still kind of want their shorts though.

50 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I have an old Polaroid.  I wonder if they still make film for them. Didn't take the best photos but it was fun holding them in your armpit to develop the picture. 

Impossible Project, aka "Polaroid Originals" probably makes film for it.  it isn't the same formulation though, but supposedly it's close enough.

Fuji also has a variety of instant film products, and has had such for quite some time - just never was as popular as Polaroid.  Unlike Polaroid though, it's never been discontinued (sadly, a lot of Fuji's beloved film stocks have been, like Acros).  I still kind of want to get my paws on a Lomography Lomo'Instant Automat Glass (Magellan Edition), but it's also $225 CAD, plus film (which is $1-1.50 CAD per shot, depending on how many you buy), which kind of takes away that whole impulse purchase option...

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

As a professional photographer, I don't see the value.

You are? Awesome! 

*gets a lot more nervous about posting photos on the forums*  :blink:

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

You are? Awesome! 

In-house product photography for a major consumer brands company is an-"other duty as assigned". The job I was hired for is technical writing.

Photography (and compositing at times) is a welcome break from writing.

4 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Please don't. I always assume that people are posting photos not because they want to show their photos but because they want to show their minis. That said, if I see a mini that I think I really like but the photo makes it hard to be sure, sometimes I'll make a suggestion or two. And I'm always happy to answer questions if anyone is interested in asking. I try to pay attention to the @Doug Sundseth signal (which is like the Bat Signal but visible in daylight and with a whole lot less money behind it. And way less cool, of course.)

A primer of the things I would say for basic miniatures photography can be found here:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/55357-miniatures-photography-101

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I do still use a film camera, though not often. I have a rangefinder 35mm. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

You are? Awesome! 

Oh don't be nervous! Doug's got some great advice on how to make your pictures better if you want it. I've never seen him say anything about a photo that wasn't constructive and encouraging :winkthumbs:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1