Corsair

Getting to Know You for April 2019

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

Question for April 22, 2019

Do you ride horses?

I would never get on anything that did not have a gear shift and a brake pedal.

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

I would never get on anything that did not have a gear shift and a brake pedal.

What if it's a steam punk horse? Does that work? 

... No guarantees said shifter or pedals will do anything... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

Do you ride horses?

Only the steel kind. 

Never had much interest in the fuzzy quadrupeds. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Do you ride horses?

No, I haven't. I'd like to, though.

• Like 5

Do you ride horses?

Never had the opportunity to learn how, and I don't know if there are any left in the county now that I think on it. So until I can figure out a way to modify a cat to grow 16 hands high, I doubt I'll be riding anytime soon.

• Like 5

No...

Do you ride horses?

I have never done that. I like horses. They like me. But the sample size is small, (just 2).

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

Do you ride horses?

I did try it once, but other than that I would have to say no.

• Like 5

No, but I would like to.  Just have not got up the courage to try.  For Lord of the Western Plains this is a sad truth to admit.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Doctors: I'm actually a big fan of Eccleston, which I realize makes me part of a distinct minority. I also really liked Capaldi, but I thought most of the writing for him was pretty much dreck. I have enjoyed the episodes I have seen of the pre-modern Doctors, but they blend together for me as I have only seen them piecemeal.

I haven't seen any of the newest Doctor, other than clips in adverts.

I don't recall dodgeball being particularly dangerous. I DO recall a girl getting a broken nose because a game of "soccer" (inasmuch a game played by 8 year olds work no concept of actual rules can be called by the sport's name) turned into a close-up scrum and someone kicked the ball -hard- in a nearly vertical trajectory.

It has been a very long time since I rode a horse. Stunt School trained us to fall "safely" off a horse, as well as a couple trick mounts...as much as I like horses and enjoyed riding them, I was more adept at falling off buildings or being set on fire than I was at horse stunts. *Shrug* Both skills useful in a Western, so I'm not too fussed.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

Do you ride horses?

I do not. I don't think I ever have.

One of my coworkers rides regularly though. Does that help?

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Sanael said:

Doctors: I'm actually a big fan of Eccleston, which I realize makes me part of a distinct minority. I also really liked Capaldi, but I thought most of the writing for him was pretty much dreck. I have enjoyed the episodes I have seen of the pre-modern Doctors, but they blend together for me as I have only seen them piecemeal.

I haven't seen any of the newest Doctor, other than clips in adverts.

I'm a big fan of Eccleston. I thought he was a great Doctor, and am still mad that he only got one season. 

• Like 7

Eccleston is my favorite Doctor. He's actually the reason I got interested in the show.

I don't horse. I'm sure they are perfectly lovely animals, but they are hard on fence. I don't enjoy building fence so much that I want to add to the wear and tear that nature provides. 

• Like 6

Doctors: Tenant and Tate.

Football versus Futbol: Baseball. But if I have to choose then I prefer soccer of the two. My dad and I picked up discount tickets one time to the local MLS franchise. Turns out the seats were in the cheering section. Got there, got our seats, and were then surrounded by screaming, shirtless, painted, drunk guys with flags and smoke bombs. We still have no idea what we were watching, but we ended up screaming and cheering with the rest of the lunatics. So I guess soccer is the preference.

Good news about that, they're getting ready to build a new soccer stadium about a 15 minute bike ride from my house, so maybe I'll get to catch more games. 

Horses: Grandpa used to rent out some stables to some local horse owners when I was a kid. And I rode one once. But they were odd, flighty animals. One bit me one time for no good reason. The other one tried to eat my hair. Based on those experiences I generally try to avoid horses. 

• Like 5

Per the sports discussion (football flavors, etc). I do enjoy some college Football, but as with NFL I usually root against rather than for. Being a Arkansas Razorback fan is a long enduring lesson in humility.

As with all sports I enjoy most of them if I'm watching them live, but I don't really do sports on the telly (Except Hockey. Go Pens!).

• Like 4