Corsair

Getting to Know You for April 2019

On 4/28/2019 at 9:08 PM, Corsair said:

Question for April 29, 2019

Who is your favorite musician?

Listening to one musician is like eating only one food.  Variety is the spice of life.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

I'm rather partial to my backyard.  Had I planned, I would have taken a picture of it before it got dark.

This house was built in the late 1970's.  It has had a progression of owners (it's a "starter home"), some of whom were seriously into gardening (hence, the greenhouse) and some who weren't (hence, why the greenhouse is in a slight state of disrepair).  It has reached a point of... manicured neglect that it's like a small nature preserve. We get plenty of birds at our feeder, a bunch of manic squirrels who sometimes just collapse and lay on the deck when it's hot out, and a large raccoon who lives in a pine tree (although I haven't seen him recently).  I'm pretty sure we have a catbird nest in one of the azaleas.  It's nice, it's peaceful, it's pretty, and I don't spend nearly enough time back there.

There's also a birch tree, which I want to try to collect seed pods from this year.

A more traditional "special" place is the Museum of Life and Science in Durham, NC.  My wife and I went on our first excursion there and it's where we got married 13-ish years later.

manicured neglect... I like that. Its a beautiful evocative phrase!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1